Chapter Seven.

Hey guys, sorry it took so long, but I didn't know how I wanted the whole 'taking pictures for photography class' to go. SO here's the next chapter. I hope that you like it(:

Now you should hopefully have enough to choose between Marcus and Jude. In Shay's mind, they're both capable of hurting her like Mick did, but which one would you trust more?

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT(:

*****

Chapter Seven.

    When I finally reach my house, I walk through the grass, stepping on fallen leaves; causing them to make a ‘crunch’ sound. Fall is my new favorite season. I used to like summer, for multiple reasons. No school. Nights in the summer air. The place I felt most safe and the place that he took from me. I don’t even feel safe in my head.

    “Sierra, honey, is that you?” I hear my mom’s voice carry through these heavily painted walls.

    Crap, I forgot that she came home today. My mother is the only thing that makes me like school more than home. Not that I even like home at all, it’s a very pretentious environment. “Um, no, I think that she’s with her boyfriend,” I reply.

    My mother finally reaches me. “Oh, hello, Shay,” she greets, plastering on her fake ‘I’m the perfect mom’ smile. I hate that smile, just about as much as I hate the rest of her. She’s not old, but time has definitely aged her. Her hair is a burnt brown color with natural honey blonde highlights, she has some small wrinkles forming around her thin lips, probably from so many fake smiles like the ones she gives me.

    “Hi, mom,” I say.

    “You know, Shay, you should really change,” she tells me. “These clothes look like they were made for a boy.”

    I look down at my clothes. She’s obviously exaggerating. Just because my clothes cover almost every inch of my body and aren’t skin tight, doesn’t mean that they were made for a boy.

    Then the front door opens and Sierra walks in, followed by Mick. My heart starts to quicken as I look away and blink away tears. Damn. He’s doing it again. Why can’t I just end this already. I can’t focus on anything. I can’t think. I can barely breathe. Every time I see him, I feel like my chest is going to cave in, leaving me lifeless and empty of air.

    Mom is talking with Sierra and Mick, but I completely block out everything that they’re saying. I just see them laughing and try not to focus my eyes on anything for too long, to avoid the tears that are stinging my eyes.

    “Sure…that’d be great, Mrs. Cameron…I’d love to stay for dinner,” are the exact words that I hear come out of Mick’s mouth.

    No. No. No. He cannot stay for dinner. Absolutely not. I will not sit down at a dinner table and break bread with this guy.

    “Sierra, why don’t you take your sister upstairs and make her look more like…a girl,” my mom says.

    “I can’t stay for dinner,” somebody says. Wait, that was me. Did I say that? I didn’t even feel my lips moving. It was me, I finally choked it out. “You see, I have this big project for my photography class and my partner and I are supposed to create a portfolio, it’s due Friday,” I lie. I don’t even know where that came from.

    “Oh, well, that’s too bad,” my mom says, not sounding the least bit sympathetic. Why should she? Just because she’s my mom? That whole ‘she loves me just because she’s my mom’ card, went out the window years ago.