Chapter 23: No escape from reality

Start from the beginning

Chris let go and I plonked myself on his white comic pow bed sheets whilst he stood in front of me.

'Today we're doing something you've never let me do in the years I've known you-'

'We've only known each other for a year and a bit-'

'Shhh,' he pressed a finger to my lips, 'Close your eyes,'

I did as he said, a strange warm feeling pulling at my stomach as my ears became extra sensitive to the sounds of Chris finding the object he was planning on putting in my hand. Or rather objects.

A bunch of items were now resting in my palms. There was something cold, a small bottle I think and there were some sticks and plastic rectangle things...oh no.

'Open!'

Opening my eyes, I groaned, 'Seriously?'

Makeup.

'Oh, I'm very serious about this,' Chris put his hand on his heart and sat beside me, makeup wipes in hand.

I sighed shaking my head.

'Pleeeeease?' Chris begged, pouting. He looked so damn adorable I couldn't resist.

'How could I say no to that face?' I smiled, blushing slightly as feelings stirred inside me. Pulling my eyes away, I dumped the makeup on his bed.

Chris beamed, picking up the foundation from the pile, 'I'm going to make you into the most beautiful drag queen,'

'Like Ru Paul?'

'Is he the only one you know?'

'...maybe,'

'Ok, you're so watching RuPaul's drag race with me after this. You've got a lot to learn,' he insisted, applying the foundation to my face in soft strokes. He looked so concentrated on my face I couldn't help but stare at such a sacred moment.

After foundation, concealer and powder, that I think was applied to mostly my lungs, Chris moved onto eyeshadow.

Now we were crossed legged facing one another with a song called 'I'm that Bitch' blasting from Chris' phone. These drag queens sound so...confident. I wish I could be that strong.

'So...you watch the drag show?' I picked at my jeans.

'Of course,'

'It looks fun.....what happens on it?'

He gleamed, 'Basically Ru chooses around 10-14 queens to compete in mini and maxi challenges consisting of acting, signing, dancing, musicals, commercials, comedy and also there's snatch game which is like blankety blank each episode having a runway presentation. Then the worst two queens are told to lip sync for their life and honestly...there's no way to describe it, you have to see it to believe it. The winner shante's the loser sashays until the top three/four where they perform in a huge theatre and decide the winner,'

'Would I like it?'

'TJ, everyone other than homo/transphobic people would absolutely love it,' Chris assured me, 'It's got everything, competition, drama, entertaining challenges and characters. Sometimes even a little romance,'

I didn't dare move as he applied the eyeliner and mascara. I didn't wanna fuck it up.

Chris applied some liquid light pink lipstick before adding the finishing touches which I could see included sequins and glitter.

'You choosing my outfit too?' I joked...at least I was joking, I hoped I wouldn't have to change.

'No,' Chris bit his lip.