"Hey, I can fare fine by myself." you challenged.

"Tch, oh that shows." Bede scoffed. "Where are we again?"

You grumbled something quietly to yourself, letting your eyes wander back to the telly again. 

"But seriously though," he continued. "You'd have someone to watch you, make you food, give you an extra set of hands to get dressed and stuff. I imagine it wouldn't be easy being alone right now." 

You supposed he was right. You didn't think through only having one arm to work with exactly. You also figured that eventually, having no partner at home would get to you. You swallowed. 

"Arceus, six to eight weeks of nothing but you?" You joked after a minute. 

"Hey, it won't be just me," he corrected. "I've got the team at home too." You smiled at that.

"I mean, if you wouldn't mind having me. That sounds like a good idea." you replied.

Bede let himself relax back into the chair again.

"But that's tomorrow. Tonight, you need to sleep."

"Weren't you going home?" you teased.

"Why? It almost sounds like you're trying to get rid of me," he smiled back at you finally, and it made you happy to see him smile again. "That said, no. I'm not leaving. It would be faster to stay here and take you straight to my place in the morning."

"What about clothes?" you asked. "I need to pack at least a little bit. And I should at least let the landlord know I won't be home for a while so rent doesn't pile up on me too much." Bede took a breath.

"I knew that," he said sheepishly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time Bede came back through the door you were already sitting up at the edge of the bed, excited to leave. He came in holding a plastic bag with a change of clothes and handed them to you. He himself had also changed out of his gym uniform, as he stopped at his house before going to yours. He was now adorning a zippered parka. A light pink one in particular covered in little Gengars as well as some stars and moons. You liked this parka, but you honestly missed his other one. That huge dark pink coat he used to have. Sadly, he'd grown out of it over the years. You were sure he still had it somewhere. 

You stood up carefully. Your legs ached in response but you didn't really mind. You were just happy at this point to be standing up. 

"Thank you, Bede." you smiled, untying the bag carefully with your good arm, you dumped the contents onto the bed. A pair of regular torn jeans fell out, as well as a black and white striped shirt. It was plain, but it would have to do until you'd settled at Bede's place. After you'd turned towards the bed, Bede had walked behind you. You straightened up a little, as the back of the gown you were wearing was a bit unforgiving. You really didn't want Bede to accidentally see too much of you, but regarding the fact that he was planning on helping you get dressed from this point on, it seemed kind of pointless to be anxious about it. He noticed this, as he held his arms up in surrender for a moment before going for the sling's strap at your shoulder.

"Relax," he'd said. "just getting this thing off you." He carefully scooped up the strap of the sling and with some help managed to get it over your head, the rest of the sling sliding carefully away from your arm. You smiled softly at the color of the cast. Pink. You felt a tug at the back of your gown and turned, making Bede let go. 

"HO-ld on," you sputtered. Bede pulled back, stepping away with a little flush on his face. "I wanna see how far I can get by myself. I'll let you know if I need help, okay?" You didn't mean for the words to come off so harsh, but he seemed to understand. He turned himself around and faced the door.