9. The Day Of Iralla

A few days later after the fire, Catelyn Stark was standing in the Broken Tower, looking down from the window. Bran must've fallen from about this height judging from his injuries.
Her poor boy . . . why did it have to be him!? Why couldn't that bastard girl be on that bed instead of Bran? Why couldn't Jon Snow fall through that window and die?! Why did it have to be Bran?

Catelyn assessed the abandoned clutter of the tower's chamber. Dry and decaying leaves had become a part of the floor, a thick layer of dust clung to all surfaces and the rocks had started corroding. Years ago, a bolt of lightning had struck this very tower, breaking it and gifting it the title of the Broken Tower. It had never recovered from it.

A few strands of golden hair stood out from the dust on the floor, catching Catelyn's attention. She crouched down, her fingers slowly reaching out to lift them up. The strands were yellow and long and recent.

Golden hair on the floor, Bran falling from the same window -- the Lannisters.

Bran had never had an accident.

....

Later

Catelyn was marching through the castle with a murderous expression, a letter clutched in her hands. A letter that had come from King's Landing. She entered the godswood, heading straight for the weirwood tree. Robb and Irida were sitting there, hand in hand, praying. Presumably for Bran.

It had become their ritual to pray in the godswood at sunset, it was said that the old gods watched the people from within the black pond near the weirwood tree, everytime the sun touched the horizon

It had become their ritual to pray in the godswood at sunset, it was said that the old gods watched the people from within the black pond near the weirwood tree, everytime the sun touched the horizon. Praying was supposed to be most effective then, since the gods would be closest.

Irida looked up at the sound of someone approaching them then quickly turned her head away, closing her eyes in frustration.

"Mother." Robb greeted, standing up.

Catelyn paid him no attention.

"Did you sleep with the brother of the Queen?" She shouted at Irida.

"What? What are you saying?" Robb looked baffled.

"No, I did not, Lady Stark." Irida said through her clenched teeth.

"Well you certainly did something to him otherwise he wouldn't invite a bastard he barely knows to King's Landing." She hissed with barely concealed contempt.

Irida's eyebrows shot up. Tyrion Lannister had invited her to King's Landing?

"I don't know why he would want me there." Irida stated, looking evenly at Catelyn. She always tried to keep their enmity at bay when her siblings were around.