"Khuluma ndoda,", dad says.

"But guys, I just got here. I'm tired," I lie as pursuit for them to let it go.

"You came in a plane," mom says while rolling her eyes. I'm left with no choice but to spill the beans. They've cornered me anyway. They listen attentively as I tell them of my plan and how Luke changed things by making the first move.

"Are you sure you're my son?" mom asks, and dad and I laugh.

"Yaz your mom is talking like she didn't do anything devious to get my attention. She also seduced me," dad says, making my mom's cheeks red with embarrassment.

I laugh. "So this apple doesn't fall too far from the tree?"

"Yes but if he makes you happy then we're happy," dad says.

"Just don't disappear like that and don't forget they took our land," mom says, and I laugh.

"He's not white" I say.

"She has a white name," she says then shrugs. I must admit that I missed this craziness. I catch up with them and even help mom with preparing us food since we're hungry. Between that, I get to call Luke and tell him I arrived well. I miss him so much, but I'd missed my parents more. I even thanked him for forcing me to come because I hadn't realised how much I missed them.

A week later, I'm driving to Dee's place so we can go shopping. I missed her so much as well. We hardly spent time together back in Joburg because I was boo'd up.

"Hey stranger," she says when she comes out of the gate. I only parked out the gate and hooted, knowing we might never go out if I went in.

"Hey love," I say as we hug. I'm leaning by my car. Dad's car.

"You're glowing," she says and I chuckle, opening the door for her. I go to my side after and start the car.

"I'm in love," I say and she chuckles.

"I can see and I'm happy for you," she says and I know it's genuine because this is my day one.

"I'm just so nervous. This is new for me and he still treats me so good, he's amazing," I say.

"Babe, you're eighteen. I hope you're not thinking marriage and kids," she says and I laugh. A bit too early for that.

"Not yet and you know that's a long process," I say.

She'll be having a Christmas lunch and dinner so we're going to buy all that she might need. I wish I could be there during it but my family and I are spending it in Durban with dad's side of the family. They're also not a big family and we're all close.

_________

LUKE

I miss him. The house isn't the same without him and these videocalls aren't doing us any justice. Marcus has left to his baby mama's house so he can spend the festive season with Remo while I have to take care of business. It's only until this week. I'm in my office at the warehouse when the door just opens. I don't know why I haven't changed the pins because Gina and I are no longer together. She can't show up here whenever she pleases.

"I know you don't want to see me," she says the minute she graces me with her presences. The scowl on my face doesn't disappear. What does she want?

"Why are you here?" I ask.

"I had to tell you Luke. I mean I...I couldn't deal with it on my own," she says.

"I have no idea what you're on about"

"I didn't mean for this to happen and I'll understand if you want nothing to do with us," she continues.

"Who's this us? Stop talking in conundrums," I impatiently say.

"I'm pregnant"

Lunga is the first person who crosses my mind after she says that. pregnant? This is going to break him. We've just gotten together and now this. I mean sure, couples face challenges but this is too early for us. We're suppose to be enjoying the honeymoon phase.

"Luke? Are you going to say something? Look, if you want nothing to do with me and the baby then I'll understand. I'm not doing this so we can get back together or anything. I just felt it was right that you know," she says.

"If it's my child then I want to be there for him. This is a shock to me so_"

"A shock? We had unprotected sex for years so this was bound to happen some time!" Gina snaps.

"Don't start with me. you weren't falling pregnant then, were you? And the last time I checked, you were on contraceptives. I didn't say anything about not accepting you and I feel insulted that you'd think I'd want nothing to do with you and the baby," I say.

"I didn't think you'd leave me but look where we are now," she cheekily says.

"I never thought I'd fall in love either but we're not there. How far are you?" I ask, the reality sinking in.

"Two months" she says. That must've happened on that day she complained about us not getting freaky.

"I'll book an appointment with my doctor so he can check you and give you those pills pregnant women take and a diet plan. I want my baby to be healthy," I say and she nods, tears streaming down her cheeks. "Hormones already?"

"Oh fuck you," she says and I chuckle. Lunga already wants to do that.