Thatch meets Percy

Start from the beginning

"Come on! I want to have a cook-off!" Thatch whines.

"And I want to be left alone!" Percy says.

Thatch frowns. "For a little kid you're not very polite, how old are you eleven? Twelve?"

Percy pushes down the urge to kill Pom-pom. "Are you going to move?"

"Nope."

Percy rolled his eyes and turned, walking towards Marco. Before he reached Marco, he turned walking into the woods.

"Hey, wait, we wanted to talk with you." Marco calls out to the leaving boy.

Percy yawns. "Not interested. If you don't mind leave."

"I mind!" Pom-pom yelled. Percy sighed, why was being polite so hard? He didn't bother turning but he could sense they were following him.

Zorak: Do you want us to eat them?

Percy: Yes!!!...wait, no, its fine, Z.

Xian: Tell us if you want us to eat them later.

Percy: I'm pretty sure humans taste gross but alright.

He ended the mental conversation and sped up slightly, for a moment there a wave of dizziness almost made him fall but as soon as it arrived it passed. All these sudden moments of weakness are annoying. This was the worst, he disliked people, and here two were following him.

"Leave me alone!" Percy yells shocked his voice is so loud, usually he doesn't raise it above a soft inside voice. 'These two are ruining me!'

"Come on, we just want to chat." Marco tries.

"And I don't!"

Marco and Thatch shared a glance. This boy was a handful indeed. Thatch decided to try a different approach, not knowing how great Percy is at answering questions. "What are you doing out in the woods?"

"Getting away from you two."

"Other than that." Thatch asks.

"Avoiding idiotic pirates."

Marco chuckled and Thatch shot him a glare. Marco inwardly cheered that he forgot to tell Thatch about this boy's tendency to either not answer a question or make the one who asked it feel stupid.

Thatch shrugged off his irritation, the boy was amusing and had a pretty sharp tongue. Wasn't much of a talker though, nor very friendly but they could work on that.

"We want you to join our crew." Marco said, trying the direct (not kidnapping...yet) approach.

"You want me to become a pirate?" Percy asked, laughing slightly at the thought.

Thatch nods, saying, "Yeah, is that a bad thing?"

"Being a pirate? No."

Marco and Thatch grinned, they had him. "So, will you join our crew?"

"Not a chance."

Thatch showed a stunned expression similar to Marco's. "What?! But you just said you'd be fine being a pirate, so why."

The boy stopped looking back, his features hidden by his hoodie. "There's a difference between being a pirate and joining your crew."

"What?! There is..." Thatch began.

Marco interrupted Thatch and said, "Ignore Thatch, anyway what is a child doing all alone?"

"None of your business, leave me alone." Percy turned his hand pulling the hood down lower. 'Great, just great! Now I sound like a whiny kid that is being bullied...wait, does this count as bullying? If it does that means the laws on my side!'

Xian: We can kill them if the laws on our side right!

Percy: Yes...wait bullying is a small thing that doesn't deserve death. Now being a pirate...

Percy's eyes glitter evilly considering pros and cons of killing Yellow hair and Brownie. 'Na, to young to join the dark side. Maybe tomorrow.'

"Hey, wait, I wanted you to try my cookies. Marco hand them over." Percy noticed Pom-pom and Pineapple head's distraction. As they argued between each other about who had the cookies.

Using the chance, he ducked behind a tree changing his form. As swiftly as possible he flew up and away. Thank goodness he got away; it'll be relief when the two leave. 'If they stay I'll end up joining the dark side or losing all the braincells I have left.'

"Where'd he go?!" Thatch yelled looking around his hands flying about crazily.

"Calm down, yoi. He couldn't have gotten far let's go find him."

"Right, let's find him." Thatch repeated, looking around like he lost the most precious thing in the world. Thatch whispered as he searches, "Recipe, where are you recipe."

Marco rubs his forehead in annoyance. 'How did he join our crew again?' Throwing off the thought, he asks, "Thatch why do you think he's alone?"

"I don't know, his parents died, or maybe he ran away. Maybe he encountered pirates before he met us who killed his family?" Thatch throws out lots of ideas, each getting more horrifying then the last. Marco decided to stop him when Thatch was getting into the torture ideas.

"Perhaps, but I doubt it was pirates. He didn't act scared of us, come on we better find him. We only have maybe three hours before we leave shore. If we can't find him by then he won't become our new brother, yoi."

"What?! But I haven't had a cook-off with him, we have to find him!"

Marco shook his head, Thatch needed to get his priorities straight. He glanced at where the boy once stood worriedly. He had a sinking feeling the child was in a horrible situation. He must be all alone and at such a young age, it's a wonder he survived. Marco being the mama-bird he was wanted to help the little mystery boy.

"Thatch, the talking approach won't work." Marco says eyes glittering. Thatch looks back with a similar wicked gleam in his eyes.

"I was thinking the same thing, I say we jump him."