haechan's gaze remained fixed on rosey. she was talking to renjun at the far end of the table, so she didn't see his gaze on her. he noted her hair was tangled, which was one of the reasons she kept putting her hood back up when it fell.

after watching from a far, chaeyoung approached jaemin and haechan, placing her hands on both of the backs of their seats.

"what are you guys doing over here whispering?"

jaemin raised his head and pointed to the boy in front of him. haechan sighed at the unexpected betrayal. his gaze remained fixed on rosey as she chatted gently to the boy next to her.

"i just don't want her to feel excluded," haechan admitted, "since she hasn't been talking much."

chaeyoung put one hand on haechan's shoulder. she nodded and looked across at rosey and renjun, like jaemin had done earlier.

"we know," chaeyoung said, "but she's still getting over it, and rosey doesn't say much when she's down. i believe she simply enjoys the company."

haechan's gaze shifted from rosey to renjun, who was doing an excellent job of persuading the girl to engage in conversation with him despite her shyness. he noticed his friend shushing himself in the middle of a sentence.

"i'll be right back," rosey said as she picked up her phone.

she left the table rapidly, swiping the answer button as she walked to the farthest corner of the practice studio. she put her phone to her ear and concentrated on the call.

"okay, yeah, i'll be back soon."

her leader, chan, was on the other end of the phone. he'd called to see when she'd be back at the dorms because it was becoming late. chan got very concerned when rosey went out late after the event that left rosey in the hospital.

"i promise, i'll be alright."

"okay, let me know when you're on your way."

rosey hung up after a few seconds of stillness on her end. she slipped her phone into her pocket and went to return to the table. they were all standing up and beginning to tidy up their trash.

as chaeyoung gathered her trash, her hands snapped at haechan, "here comes rosey."

their talk came to a halt and haechan continued to tidy up as if nothing had happened. he became aware of her presence beside him and watched as her hands began to pick up trash as well.

she reached away from him to grab the last of the empty take-out boxes. he held out the trash bag for her to dump them into when she turned back towards him.

"are you leaving?" haechan asked, his eyes fixed on the boxes falling to the bottom of the bag.

rosey raised her eyes to the boy, "yeah, in a bit. my friends are worried about me staying out late. you don't mind, do you?"

he didn't respond quickly and his response was later than he would have preferred. he shook his head and moved the bag on a chair between them.

"no, not at all."

after overhearing their chat, jeno checked his phone across from them. he informed everyone in the room of the time, keeping them up to date.

"rosey, don't you have to be back at your dorms soon? it's eleven thirty-three."

rosey's eyes widened and she immediately tossed whatever trash she was holding. her mind was working quicker than her body, but she realized she needed to leave the building soon for her lengthy walk home.