Chapter 3

My name tag is crooked.

I haven't been able to get my new neighbour out of my mind. Even now at work he's all I can think about. The man I was crying over is ten feet away from me but my curiousity over a new neighbour is over powering my new found hatred for him. 

Why would he think I knew where she hid the keys. I barley knew her.

Her funeral is today. I positive he'll be going I mean he is her brother after all. Hopefully he'll ask me to help him with his tie.  Oh my God I need to focus.

The man I was crying over is now coming over to me. I hate him. I should just walk away but I can't and now he's in front of me.

"Hey, do you maybe wanna get a drink with me" and there's that stupid smirk.

I should turn him down. I mean he must be fucking with me right? Because why would he ask out a girl like me? trick question. He wouldn't.

Rather than saying no I stupidly spit out a quite "yes." God how dumb could I be? I just spent my Friday night trying to get over him only to agree to go out with him. I would rather spend my night staring at my new sexy neighbour walk to his car and leave than go out with him. I want to believe this but I know it's not true. I've been dreaming of this for years but now a new man has come into the picture.

I'll just make up some excuse so I won't have to go. I'd rather not fall back in love with him.

-------------------

Rather than seeing an ambulance parked in my driveway I see my neighbour knocking at my door with two ties in his hand. I was just kidding about the whole help with his tie thing I didn't know it would actually happen?

"Can I help you with something?" I yell up the driveway. He looks distressed and tired.

"Um yeah. Which tie do you like more or should I wear a bow tie?" 

"The dark blue tie would look nice. Bow ties are a bit too fancy"  He looks incredible with a white button down with the sleeves rolled up to his elbow and black slacks. 

"Thanks" he says walking down the driveway. 

"Hey do you wanna go out for a drink sometime?" I couldn't let him walk away. He'll probably say no anways.

"yeah sure."

What the hell. "Great. Is tomorrow okay?" What the fuck have I done.

"Yeah. Have a good night."

What the fuck, he was suppose to say no. Now I have to figure out what to wear and what to say and what I shoudn't say. Why did he even agree?  God I'm so stupid but I mean it is my fault as I was the one who asked but still I was expecting him to say no.

Drinks in an hour with a guy I'm trying to get over and drinks tomorrow with a guy I want to sleep with. This will probably be the most I've gone out with a man who wasn't drunk. I'm seriously fucked.