Chapter 14: The Fiancé

A short silence was shared between Chae Won and Min Ho. Funny how she went to that restaurant to meet Min Ho's fiancé but met her ex fiancé instead.

"Why was he there?"

"For work." Her reply was short and he just continued to stare at her as if he was studying her. "Don't you trust me?"

He briefly shut his eyes, "I do." He exhaled heavily. "It's just that, I'm worried of how you feel now."

She couldn't respond right away. She furrowed her brow, "There's nothing that changed."

"What is it that hasn't changed? Your feelings for him?" He asked softly trying not to offend her or something.

"You know it's not that." Her voice was stern; clearly she didn't like what he just said. It sounded to her that he was implying she's still in love with Si Hoo while dating him. Yet, she knows it wasn't his intention.

"Let's talk about this next time." He felt like they will just end up fighting if they push with the topic. Maybe tomorrow,or the next day. Whenever, as long as they'll emotionally be ready to talk about it.

* * *

Ah In dropped Eun Woo at his school. He asked him if he could borrow his car since he has some urgent matter with his business, and Eun Woo was kind enough to lend it to him.

"Eun Woo!" Ah In called for him who was already few steps away from the car. "What time should I fetch you?"

"Don't bother." He said briefly and before he could turn his back once again he saw Se Jeong approaching him.

Se Jeong's attention was on Ah In who was leaning his forearm on top of the car. "Good morning," she greeted as she stopped in front of Eun Woo.

Ah In smiled at her, "Good morning, have I seen you somewhere? You seem familiar."

"Ah! Last time I've mistaken you as Eun Woo." She could feel he still couldn't figure it out as he barely tilted his head on one side. "I knocked on the car window, a bit furious." She smiled, feeling a little shy.

"Ah! Right, that girl."

"Are you done?" Eun Woo butts in. She just flashed him a toothy smile. "Let's go." He said firmly and waved Ah In off, "Go now, hyung."

Inside their classroom, Se Jeong sat next to him. She took out her sticky note and seriously looked at him. "So, we have a week to do this. This time it's music about romance. Love." She removed the cap of her pen and asked, "What do you know about love?"

He remained silent. "Nothing?" She raised her voice by just a bit. "Then, have you fallen in love? First love, puppy love, anything?"

On the middle of their discussion their first class professor came in. The professor hits the board twice to call for the students' attention. "Good morning class."

"Later okay?" Se Jeong said turning her attention to the front.

Eun Woo couldn't stop but recall his past.

From the first time Eun Woo saw Chaewon, (that was when he and his family visited Ah In in Daeugu) he was already attracted at her. He was nine and Chaewon was eighteen.

"Hong Sik-ah!" She called with her ever so soft voice.

They were having lunch at that time. "Who's that?" His mom asked.

"That's Chaewon," Ah In's mother answered.

"Come in Bbong!"

Chaewon did as Ah In said. She went in and joined them at the dining area. "Ohh, you have visitors."