Chapter 12: Nothing More To Hide

Chaewon was meeting her senior, Son Ye Jin, when she saw Minho around the area. "Minho," she called for his attention.

He turned to face her, "Chaewon," he uttered surprised.

"Why are you here? Work?" she wrapped an arm around his neck and gave him a peck on his cheek. "Anyway, I missed you."

"Ch-Chaewon," he stuttered.

Minho, after a while, managed to move a muscle and grabbed Chaewon on the wrist. Yet, before he could drag her out of the place someone called for him, "Son-in-law." Without looking away from her, he just observed Chaewon's reaction, and for the first time he felt scared of the situation he was in.

She briefly scanned the place, curious to whom the elder addressed as 'son-in-law'. When she couldn't find anyone who could be the recipient, she moved her eyes back to meet his, "Minho-ssi."

He could see the confusion in her eyes, slowly covered with hope that she heard it wrong, her eyes begged him to dismiss her thoughts. Yet, he couldn't. If he does, it will only add up to lies he has been telling.

The elders walked closer to them. "Son-in-law," the elder man repeated as he did not get a response from him earlier. Chaewon could feel Minho's grip on her wrist loosen till it was left hanging mid-air. Minho turned to face the elders, "Yes" he hesitated, "grandfather."

Chaewon was dazed, tears started to form in her eyes. She held back as much as she could, and gladly she was able to.

"Who is this young lady?" The elder woman asked.

"She's," he stuttered.

"Colleague," Chaewon filled up for him, feeling the need to save him from saying things that would only hurt her, or maybe feeling the need to save herself from getting herself hurt. She knew hearing him say it would hurt more than her saying it for herself. She isn't dense; she knew what was going on. What does she expect? She's dating someone from upper class family; he was bound to get married to someone his class, either for business or for love.

"Is that so?" The elder woman said. "All good then," she linked her arm with her husband. She knew too well it was a lie, both elders can see it.

There was a lie between them, a lie that could protect each other. It's love. Love that will sure be tested for no one knows how long. "We'll go on then, see you on the wedding day." Both elders excused themselves.

Chaewon couldn't meet his eyes. "Chaewon-ah," he started.

She slightly shook her head, "Not now." She swallowed whatever was there to swallow, "Later." She turned her back on him but before she could fully turn around he grabbed her hand. "Please," she begged him to let her go, for now. Just in time Chaewon was called by her friend, "I need to go."

Minho refused to let her go but seeing how she was not backing down, he slowly let her hand go, "Later. Call me when you're ready to talk about it."

With that, Chaewon left him behind.

Soon as she reached her friend, "Are you okay?" Ye Jin asked seeing how she looked so down leaving the situation she was in a while ago.

Chaewon just nodded and lead their way inside a restaurant. "Let's go, eonni."

* * *

Six in the evening at Moon빛 Café. "Are you two really not making up?" Dong Yeon asked getting frustrated over her co-workers who has been acting cold towards each other.

"You ask that to our manager," Seul Gi irritatedly said. She can't even mention the name of the man who made her felt that way.

"Why me?" Won Geun, the manager countered. "You're the one suddenly acting indifferent," he said in his defense.