Chapter 2

It's my birthday so here's some art and a chapter

Orga's pov

I walk into the guild and look around. Spotting Rufus sitting in a corner with a book in front of him, I walk over to him. Even if he doesn't like me, I just enjoy his company. I sit down opposite him. The only sign that he even knows I'm here is the slight movement of his hat that shows that he lifted his head up before looking back down at his book.
"Morning Rufus" I greet with a singsong voice. He looks up fully.
"Morning" he mumbles. I instantly notice that something is wrong. he looks quite tired, like he didn't get a lot of sleep last night.
"Were you up all night reading again?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. He did that often when we were younger.
"Y-yeah. Just got really into a book" he agrees, adverting his gaze. I look up at hat, something shiny catching my attention.
"What's this?" I ask, reaching up and pulling the object out from his hat. It was a long, thin strip of metal that could pierce skin easily. Rufus takes it from me and looks at it.
"What are the two of you doing over here?" Sting asks, bouncing up to the side of the table. His eyes land on the strip of metal.
"What's that?" he asks, snatching it out of Rufus' grasp. He looks at it, eyebrows furrowed and nose twitching.
"What's wrong with it?" I ask.
"I don't like the smell. Its really......I don't know how to describe it...... its really sour but its also got a really foul overlay. I don't really know. I've never smelt anything like it before" he says, putting the metal down on the table while scrunching his nose slightly. I look at Rufus who's expression I can't read.
"Woah dude. You good? You look pretty beat" Sting asks, putting a hand on Rufus' shoulder. I look between the two.
"Yeah. Everything's fine. Just didn't get a lot of sleep. Was reading a good book" he explains, hand reaching up and fiddling with the edge of his hat. Sting looks slightly unconvinced but shrugs before turning around and walking away. Probably going to make out with Yukino. I look at Rufus again who has taken off his hat and is examining it.
"I wonder why someone would put some weird needle thing in your hat" I grumble, leaning my head against my hand.
"It was probably some sort of practical joke by a kid who thought it would be funny. Its not that big of a deal" Rufus objects, shaking his head slightly. I look down at the table.
"Yeah. It probably was" I laugh. Rufus puts his hat back on, adjusting it so that the feather fell down his back. I bit my lip and adverted my gaze. Rufus was going to end up killing me eventually just from how he acts. He always made an effort with his outfit and mannerisms. Legs crossed or perfectly aliened. Back straightened. Hands held elegantly at his sides. His outfit reminded me of something you'd find someone wearing at a party but it suited him. Everything about him just fits.
"Orga" my name is called. I snap out of my thoughts.
"Yeah?" I ask.
"You were staring" he states, eyes flicking to the side before turning back to me.
"O-oh. Sorry. Didn't mean to do that" I apologize quickly, mind panicking. He gives a small hum before turning his gaze back down to his book. I quietly let out a sigh. That was close.