The New Boy Part 10

Authors Note:

Look for the answer in your dreams- What could that mean?

Like/Comment/ Become a Fan

Part 10

Chapter 11

After watching a movie with Drake I make my home. I didn’t even realise how late it was until I checked the clock at home. 11 o'clock! I went down into the kitchen and rummaged in my fridge for some food.

I reheated some left over pizza and ate at the table by myself. I felt so alone sometimes; especially with Beth and Trixie excluding me from their friendship. Maybe that’s why I depended on Drake and Zafoni so much. No one else really cared.

I picked up the phone and dialed the number I knew of by heart. After two rings he answered.

“Ava.”

“Zafoni.”

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah I’m fine. I just felt kind of lonely. Do you want to come over?”

“Sure, im leaving now.”

“ok.”

“And Ava?”

“Yes?”

“I Love you.”

“I Love you too.”

****

20 minutes later I opened the door to a very gorgeous looking Zafoni (as usual). He’s wearing skinny jeans and a blue and white checkered shirt complimenting his blue new era hat. He opened his arms and embraced me in a warm and comforting hugged. I buried my face in his neck and smiled as his hair tickled me and filled my nose with the fresh scent of strawberries and cream.

As soon as we finished ‘greeting’ each other, we went up to my room and relaxed on my bed. Then, we just talked. Not about ‘who’s going to kill me’ or ‘drake’ or things like that. Just normal talk. I hadn’t had a normal conversation in a long time. I told him about my life at home, how my mum and dad were never there, how I hardly knew my siblings, how I was misunderstood and over-rated at school. He just listened while I lay down beside me, stroking my hair, occasionally saying something comforting. I felt so safe next to him. I f I really couldn’t be saved and I was going to die soon, this will be one of my final memories going through my head.

A few hours later when I felt myself starting to drift off to sleep, I looked up at Zafoni and whispered to him,

“Please don’t leave me”

“I’m not going anywhere.”

*Ava’s Dream*

I loved going to my tutors. I saw her every Monday and every Thursday. I learnt the basic things such as math, English, history, a bit of science and my favourite, art. I had to beg my mother for a tutor. She didn’t understand why I would want to be educated on things like that. She thought it was pointless. She only wanted me to do things I found boring like table manners and ballroom dancing.

I saw my tutor for an hour a week. Today, I decided to walk as it was a beautiful day. Besides, I loved walking through the village; the smell of the bakery filling my nose with sweet essences of sugar bread and the sight of fresh ripe fruits making my mouth water. I was so use to going to all the posh areas, that I liked the change of scenery. My mother disliked the village because she classified everyone as thieving peasants. Mother and her narrowed minded views.

Anyway, as I came up to the little brick house where my tutor lived, I heard two voices coming from down a narrow alleyway. Two familiar voices. As I edged closer to the 2 people came into view. Zafoni and…Elizabeth? The girl I had seen with Drake was now with MY BOYFRIEND. I nearly gasped aloud when I saw them. I moved forward but managed to keep quite enough for them not to notice me but close enough to hear.

“Come on Zafoni, I know you can’t resist me.”

“You know I’m with someone Elizabeth, I can’t be with you.”

“But I was here first. Do you love her?” Elizabeth asked bitterly.

“Yes. Yes I do.”

“Maybe I could change your mind?” she says, pushing her body up against his and making him lean back against the wall.

I was ready to leap out from behind the corner and do some serious damage to her, but Zafoni pushed her away.

“I don’t think that’s such a good idea Elizabeth.”

Her desperate ways were making me sick and I was disgusted at how this girl was acting. She wanted both Drake and Zafoni, and they both didn’t even know it.

“Relax Zafoni; I don’t bite, unless you want me too. Anyway, I have some matters to attend to. If you get bored with her or you change your mind, you know where to find me.” She leaned into him and kissed him on both cheeks, longer than necessary, and walked the opposite way to where I was standing.

I stood there a moment watching Zafoni, to much in a daze to move. He looked angry and frustrated. Part of me understood as this crazy pathetic girl had a school girl crush on him, but he still had some sort of history with her. ALOT of girls knew Zafoni anyway. I know he chose ME, but did he like her too? And did Elizabeth know that I was his girlfriend? As far as I know, no one knew. It was a secret. I shouldn’t be feeling stressed like this. I know Zafoni would never hurt or cheat on me. He did have a reputation, even though he had been here two months before we fell in love. I also knew he had been watching me no matter what girls he was with. I don’t know why and I don’t think I’m ready to ask yet.

After five minutes of waiting, Zafoni finally left. In those five minutes, he just stood there staring at the wall, deep in thought. I really wanted to go to him but then he would have known I eavesdropped on his conversation. Why couldn’t he just tell me everything? I don’t care if I had to share his pain. What was hurting him?

When I felt like I could finally move again, I resumed my journey to the tutors. I knew it was going to be a waste of time. The only thing that was on my mind is the next time I saw Zafoni; I was going to make him tell me the truth. About everything.

*End of Ava’s Dream*

A.N-Not enough time to upload more today :( Next part coming soon!