The New Boy Part 4

• Dedicated to Zaleta Spmg

Like/Comment/Become a Fan

Part 4   

Chapter 8  

This is what I've been waiting for. If he wanted to start again I would too.  

"Hi, I'm Ava."  

We both looked at each other for a longtime just smiling. I'm not sure for how long but there was no awkwardness at all. We were just saying what we needed to with our eyes. 

"I'm sorry I've been such a jerk lately."  

"Well, only to me" I said, longing to know what he was going to come back with.

"I was afraid" he replied looking away.  

Drake's P.O.V  

"Afraid of what" Ava asked, looking at me with anxiousness, fear and excitement all mixed into one.  

"Afraid of falling for you."  

There it was. I said it now. The expression that crossed her face was one of the most beautiful memories of my existence that I would treasure forever.  

"Are you afraid now?" She whispered.  

Before I could answer, her lips were on mine and the feeling was mutual.  

Back to Ava's P.O.V  

Whatever was happening right now was something I had no control over, and I couldn't explain it. All current thoughts in my mind vanished: My life at home, my friends, my school and even Zafoni. All I could think of the feel of Drakes mouth on mine. Our lips moved in rhythm like a song that only we could hear. I wasn't feeling fireworks, I was feeling explosions. He lit a fire in me that I could feel burning with desire.  

After what felt like forever, he paused and looked into my eyes. I blushed seeing his lustful expression but I wasn't complaining. He brushed away a piece of hair in my face and tucked it behind my ear. I loved the feel of him his fingers on my skin.  

Before he could go back in for another kiss, I heard a cough and turned to see Shanna-Claire standing 10 or so meters away from us.  

"Drake, I was looking for you!"  

I could hear the wobble in her voice and began to wonder how much of my encounter with Drake she had seen. I had no reason to feel guilty but I still felt sorry for her.  

"I'll see you around Ava" and then he said only loud enough for me to hear and brushing his lips on my neck:  

"Don't go out with Zafoni tomorrow."  

He walked away with Shanna-Claire trailing behind him leaving me to sort out my priorities.  

For the rest of the day, I had no lessons with Drake. I had art with Zafoni in my last lesson but he spent the lesson flirting with Shanna- Claire. She had gotten over Drake quickly. They kept flicking paint at each other and then started to burst out laughing. He completely ignored me the whole lesson. This would have bothered me if I hadn't had that wonderful experience with Drake this morning.  

Maybe I didn't even want to go out with Zafoni tomorrow. Not just because of what Drake said, but just because I was starting to see that Zafoni was a player. It wasn't just Shanna-Claire. He had captured the attention of practically all the girls from seniors, to freshman and even juniors. He was a very big flirt.  

At the end of the lesson, I approached Zafoni. Shanna-Claire had 'managed' to leave him alone for a few minutes and was packing away her things.