Chapter 10 : "Forgiven"

Beginne am Anfang

"Hey, Mr. Baron. How you doing?" She smiled at me and then startes doing her job.

"I'm fine" Baron replied with no emotions on his face. Hmm, that's a change. The Baron I ued to know would've smirked and started flirting with her regardless of any kind of situation.

"You must be Avery" The nurse injected a serum in the bottle of infusion system and started noting something on the clipboard, probably Baron's medical record.

"Yeah, I am. But how do you know my name?" I asked, confused.

"Because that's the only name we could hear since Baron has arrived to the hospital" I furrowed my brows and looked between the both of them.

"Oh" She said after realizing my confused expression.

"When he was unconscious, your name was the only name he kept calling that's why we suggested his parents to bring you here"

I nodded and a blush crept up to my cheeks. And when I looked at Baron, I couldn't help but smile. He had his head turned to the other side and what was that? Oh my god, he was blushing. I have never seen Baron like this. It has always been me, the weak and shy one but looks like the tables have turned. Well, it doesn't matter anymore. When I realized that I was smiling, I cleared my throat and got up to leave.

"Where are you going?" Baron grabbed my hand and winced in pain when he tried to get out of the bed. He had the look of urgency on his face.

"Be careful" The nurse said while adjusting the pillow behind Baron's back.

"I guess that's my cue" The nurse cleared her throat. She smiled at me while giving me a reassuring pat on my shoulder and left.

"I guess I'm going back home?" I wanted to say in a 'duh' tone but it came out more like a question because I wasn't sure either whether I wanted to go back or not.

"Stay" And it took me to the day when I was at the hospital with him and I asked him to stay.

Right now, I was contemplating on whether I should stay or not? Didn't I promise myself that I won't hold on to him nor on to the feelings? Anyways, I decided to stay and got seated on the chair, again.

"Uhh- Avery?" I looked up at Baron, he was nervous. I knew where this was going. He was going to apologize, once again even though I asked not to.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response.

"I'm sorry" I sighed and closed my eyes, wanting to go far away from him.

"Baron-" I was going to stop him from bringing that topic up but he stopped me.

"Look, Avery. I have to get this off of my chest, Okay? I need to apologize. I have to. Or else I'll never be satisfied with my life. I'll always have this pain inside my chest for being an asshole to you" He confessed.

"Avery? I am sorry for what I did without even listening to your side of story. I just went berserk and rampaged at your house, accused you of things that you never did" His voice cracked. He moved on the bed and closer towards the chair while wincing due to pain his neck and lower back.

"You should've let me explain!" I replied curtly and moved away from him by moving my chair a little.

"I know. I know I should have! And that's why I am sorry. When I found out that motherfucker was playing around you and I, I beat him to pulp that day" He scoffed.

"How did you find out?" I asked him confused. Who might have told Baron the truth?

"Katherine. She told me that you never even talked to that bastard" He whispered. I asked her not to tell him anything, not to justify me. I tried stopping her for 3 years because I didn't want to justify or explain anything to him. All I wanted from him was trust and he failed at that so there was no use in explaining anything to him at all.