Chapter 35 - The Snap

You wouldn't stop. You couldn't, not after all he had done, whatever it took, even if you knew it would end the same, you had to hurt him... you had to.

You will always be my Queen

As each avenger went to strike, they were thrown about like old rag dolls. It was no use getting Wanda to hurry up and destroy the stone, he would just reverse it... all you had to do was let it happen- but not before you made that asshole suffer.

"Thanos you purple wrinkly ballsack!" He turns around as you clash your spear against his gauntlet, going for another hit he grabs your weapon and breaks it in two. It was soon that he grabbed you by your neck and frowned.

"The tricksters lover, how poetic to die the same as he did..." starting to apply pressure you struggled against his grip, pushing your foot against his chest and kicking upwards, you hit him right in the jaw.

"I won't stop until you suffer," you growl. Running back towards him you jump and slash his cheek with a dagger. "Until you're dead," retreating to catch your breath he looks down at you.

"You've seen the future, I've heard... so do I succeed?" You stop dead in your tracks. He smirks and sighs. "Why fight it if you know I will win?"

"Because seeing you bleed is my only goal," charging at him, a cry of anger escaping your lips, you do your best to aim for any open areas.

"Silly girl," using the reality stone your weapon turns into a small stick, without hesitation he throws you against a tree, the wind getting knocked out of you.

~~~

"Where'd he go?" Steve looks around for any sign of the Titan as Thor runs to your side. Slowly you get up with a throbbing pain in your back. "Y/n? What just happened?" You look towards Bucky who had grabbed Steve's attention... by turning to dust.

"He won..." Thor started to breath heavily as he looked back down at you. "That's it- half the universe will turn to dust..." collapsing back down once your body couldn't support your weight you look back at the field to see everyone disappear.

"What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodes stumbles back a bit once everyone gathered at Visions body.

"We lost, that's what..."

"Did you know this would happen?" Rhodes turns to you with an angered look. "Did you?!"

"Rhodey, stop," Nat came to your defence.

"No, she knew how this would play out and she told us jack shit!"

"You think I knew how to win this?! I only saw it end this way! This way only! If I knew how to change that timeline- you think I wouldn't have?! And don't you fucking dare say I didn't try!" Now you were standing up face to face with Rhodes who was evidently much taller in the suit. "We get out of this trust me... but right now isn't the time," as a tear falls to the ground Thor walks to your side.

"She's right, she knows how this ends... if it was going to end this way, then it would end this way..." he looks down at you. "And if she says we get there eventually... then we will,"

~~~

Once you got back to the base all sat down at the table. "So who's been dusted?" Everyone turns to you.

"Let me think..." sighing and trying to remember each one you continue. "I know that the Russos, aka the producers of the Avenger films, intended for every original avenger to stay alive, Fury and Hill are dusted... Every guardian but Nebula are dusted, Tony is with Nebula, Scott is in the Quantum Realm, and Carol should be coming soon- Where's Pietro?" Suddenly remembering the speedster you turn to Cap who answers.

"Pietro went to live with Clint once Wanda and Vision left," nodding you look back down.

"I would think he's dust... Wong, Val and Happy should still be here..." trailing off you look back up at Cap who nodded.

"Is that all you have to tell us?"

"You won't find Clint for a while... Carol will bring Tony and Nebula back here and I'm going back to the tower," standing Nat starts to protest.

"You can't just leave,"

"I can and I will, what happens will happen and I have no impact to this story and I've realised that, you'll get Thanos... but you won't get what you're looking for, don't contact me when you find him," disappearing from their sight you got to the tower. That's all you had left, you didn't know this situation would hit you this hard but it did. Setting eyes on your bed you couldn't help but immediately burst into tears. You shut everything and everyone out, Pepper came to check on you when she heard of your arrival but you refused to come out. That was a week or so ago? You didn't keep track, everyone was at the base, counting the days and you were here barely getting out of bed, hardly looking up because every single time you did a memory of him would flash through your mind.

Every single time

~~~

*Summons juice box of depression*

- Anna ❤️