Chapter 7 - Confronting

A loud thud was heard the moment you hit the floor. You groan and roll over to lean against the book shelf, eyes looking up to see Loki grinning, smugly amused. "Fuck you." Standing up you cradle your right hand, wincing at the pain.

"You dare speak to a god like that?" He says challengingly.

"You're not a god. You're mortal just like me-" his mouth opens to add something, you knew exactly what he was going to say. "And don't you dare say 'give or take 5,000 years'! Try being nice, you may get similar treatment! Acting like this won't get your anywhere except back to where you started," you point with your broken wrist at him, regretting it the moment you felt a large sting.

"I-" you could see anger and regret boiling in Loki's eyes. Turning away from him you walk to the door and grab your phone.

"Jarvis? Is Dr Banner in the lab?-"

"Y/n, wait!" You turn around to see Loki catch up to you. "Let me... help," you hesitate before giving him your hand. A green light washes over the injury and you start to feel better. You look up at his concentrated face, a smile forming on your lips. "I'm sorry, I don't think I realised the extent of my carelessness,"

"It's alright," you walk side by side to the elevator.

"I feel as though we got off on the wrong foot?"

"A less hostile greeting may have helped," you hold our hand out. "Y/n L/n, lovely to meet you Mr...?"

"Loki Laufeyson," he shook it firmly as you both stood with smiles. Walking further down, Loki brought up a certain topic you were going to end Stark's life because of. "Your world consists of media where I am, as well as the others, are fictional?"

"Yup. We have Norse mythology but this version of you is part of a cinematic universe which is based on comics,"

"And of which do you enjoy?"

"Film, even though the comics are great I just love all the films, you're actually getting your own TV series soon, so that's exciting!"

Loki raised a brow. "Me? Whatever for? I understand I'm desirable company but surely not that much," he replays his actions of 2012 in his head with an small scowl.

"This version of you escapes 2012 before you get brought back to Asgard via the tesseract, it's a long story... and don't be so smug, tone down your ego a little, Mr 'I'm desirable company', may humble you a little," you scoff in return to brighten the mood, seeing a small fall on his lips.

"Am I wrong? I suppose I'm not considering another form of media I'm in that people gain entertainment from is 'fanfic'," he sees your face drain of colour. "Lady Natasha did elaborate on Stark's innuendos but I must ask the possibility of its truth,"

"Ha! No, Stark is lying because I said you're my favourite character-"

"And wouldn't me being your favourite lead to increase in desirability?" Loki stalks forward and closes you in against the wall. "Hm? Do speak up, Y/n,"

"You're just funny to see being tossed around by a supposed full creature," hissing this back to him, Loki rolls his eyes with an annoyed frown.

"That was one time!"

"Don't worry, Thor will get a taste of the feeling in the future,"

This made his eyes brighten in joy, beams of satisfaction glowing along his grin. "How long must I wait?"

"Long enough for you to fake your death a few more times," pushing him away and walking to the elevator he was quick to follow.

"I do it once more?" Loki peaks his head up in curiosity. "Does he mourn? Is it dramatic? Spectacular?"

"Depends what your actions are right now, test me and I'll make sure your death isn't faked," you nudge him away the more he persisted like a puppy dog.

"Rough, I like it." This causes a heat to rise to your cheeks like a thermometer in boiling water. "Do the books in which you read of me specify that I enjoy it rough?"

"The specify that I can whoop your ass, wanna test that out?" You fold your arms with a glare after aggressively pressing the elevator button.

"Smut... is that what it's called? Lady Natasha had hinted the more I persisted about details- I hope they got details right-"

Your face felt like it was on fire, fully flushed away with impatient tapping feet. The more he rambled on, the more you zoned him out until it got too much.

God, someone get me out of here!

A flurry of wind passed and your prayers were answered. "Oh thank Frigga," you rest your hands on your knees and take in a deep breath. One look around and to see you were in the middle of a park. "I swear to god if this is Central Park-" you look around and see Avengers tower a few blocks away. "Oh come on!"

~~~

"Hey, kid, where have you been?" Clint says as he tossed a ball in the air, stopping when he saw you stagger out the elevator.

"Not a word, bird brain," he shrugs and continues his activity. Slumping through the halls you reach your room and slump on the bed with no more energy. "I will never EVER think about running again..."

"You missed lunch, nosedive," Tony said as he entered your room finishing a glass of whiskey.

"And you missed the fact that it's only 1pm, Iron ass," he chuckles and leaves you alone after placing a plate of spaghetti on your desk. "Thank you!" You grumble after him.

~~~

Editing this made me realise how bad my writing was- like it's bad now but it was so much worse before!

- Anna ❤️