Chapter 25 - Surtur

"Now, I know what you're thinking. 'Oh, no! Thor's in a cage. How did this happen?' Well, sometimes you have to get captured just to get a straight answer out of somebody. It's a long story, but basically, I'm a bit of a hero. See, I spent some time on Earth... fought some robots, saved the planet a couple of times. Then I went searching through the cosmos for some magic, colourful Infinity Stone things. Didn't find any. That's when I came across a path of death and destruction... which led me all the way here into this cage... where I met you!"

"Oh for gods sake, Thor! Will you stop talking to the damn skeleton?!"

He rolls his eyes as he looks around once more. You struggle against your own restraints when he asks: "How much longer do you think we'll be here?"

You grin knowing you'll be out soon, bracing yourself you wait for the drop... waiting...

"Why isn't anything-" the cage releases from the bottom and you both plummet towards the ground being strung up only by chains.

Luckily you were upright as Thor was on his side. Groaning as the heat starts to effect you, you mumble curses. "Should've put heat protection... should've-"

"Thor... son of Odin and his little servant,"

"I have a name, dickwad," you mumble. "Do you have sunscreen? I don't think fire causes skin cancer, so maybe some spices to help with taste?"

"Surtur... you son of... a bitch you're still alive! I thought my father killed you like half a million years ago?"

"Wow ignored yet again," you sigh.

"I cannot die. Not until I fulfil my destiny and lay waste to your home," Surtur says with a bored tone.

"You know, it's funny you should mention that, because I've been having these terrible dreams of late," he takes a breath then continues "Asgard up in flames. Falling to ruins. And you, Surtur, are the centre of all of them!"

"Then you have seen ragnarok! The fall of Asgard, the great prophecy-" he was interrupted by Thor slowly spinning away.

"Hang on... Hang on... I'll be... back around shortly. You know, I really feel like we were connecting there-"

Surtur looks at you, questioning gaze on his face.

"How've you been ruling all this fire and stuff?" You ask to fill silence which he replies with a shrug as Thor comes around and faces Surtur again.

"Okay, so, Ragnarök. Tell me about that. Walk me through it,"

You start to spin around using your legs as they carried on their discussion.

"A MOUNTAIN!" Surtur roars.

You squeak and shuffle around in the air to face them again. "Thank god my ears are already damaged from Thor's drunk singing,"

"The Eternal Flame that Odin keeps locked away in Asgard?" The thunder god deadpans.

"Odin is not on Asgard..."

Thor looks over at you with a raised brow. "Baby, I'm not even here, I'm a hallucination," is all you say as Surtur continues.