Chapter 8 || "Playful banter my ass."

Start from the beginning

Why couldn't they have made bowling shoes a little more attractive?

"Try and get a strike!" Michael encouraged, making me laugh.

"I've only ever been bowling once before!" I replied, eyeing the pins up wearily "Lucky if I hit one!"

"I'll help."

I frowned and spun around to see Ashton approaching me, his hands tucked deep into his back pockets. He didn't seem the slightest bit affected by his suggestion, causing me to second guess his hatred for me.

Maybe we were closer than I thought?

"Okay?" I frowned, taking a hesitant look at my bowling ball.

"Do you want the training ramp?" He questioned, pointing towards the ramp at my side.

I spotted a small five year old using it and quickly shook my head, colour rising to my cheeks.

"Can you just show me?"

He let out a small sigh and took a step forward, ordering me to turn around. I did as he said, even though my instincts were telling me not to trust him.

It was Ashton, nobody could trust him.

I let out a shaky breath as I felt a pair of large hands place themselves onto my waist, shifting me slightly to the left. Afterwards he grabbed onto my wrists, careful enough not to hurt me as he guided my arm back.

"Go Ashton!" Michael yelled, causing my face to burn a deep shade of crimson.

"Fück off!" Ashton yelled back, quickly dropping his arms.

I felt a wave of disappointment crash over me, but it was gone quickly, replaced by a feeling of embarrassment.

Did that really just happen?

"Do you get it now?" Ashton questioned, sounding slightly bored.

I nodded quickly and returned my attention to the alley, gulping down a scream lodged in my throat. My feeling towards Ashton were flying about everywhere, causing me to feel dizzy.

How could one boy cause so much confusion?

"Go Pandora!" Evie yelled, sending me a thumbs up from the booth next to ours.

She shot a cheeky look towards Ashton and back to me, causing me to groan.

I knew she would do that.

Drawing my arm back, I took a deep breath before swinging it forward, releasing the heavy ball from my hands. It landed slightly to the right and rolled straight, managing to hit down four pins.

For my first time, I was impressed.

"Oh my god!" I screamed, excitedly jumping up and down "Did you's see that?"

"Wow," Ashton replied sarcastically, slowly clapping his hands "absolutely amazing."

I rolled my eyes and picked up another ball, attempting to aim for the other pins. I managed to hit one before falling into the gutter, taking my total up to five.

It was still better than Michael.

"Is your hangover getting better?" I asked Michael, dodging Ashton as he walked past me.

The red haired boy shrugged and tentatively tapped on his head, his eyes distant.

"I don't know, I think so?"

"That's good," I smiled, gently sitting down beside him "does your head still hurt?"

"What, do you want to stroke it like you did with Calum?" He smirked, causing me to groan.