pray

"Tom-anuch! Hey, a hundred button men on the street twenty-four hours a day; that Turk shows one hair on his ass, he's dead." Sonny said as Tom entered the office where Michael, Tessio, Clemenza and him were sitting.

"Yeah?" He replied.

"believe me..." he said turning to Michael, whose face was bruised from the punch from McCluskey.

"Hey, Michael, come're, let me look at you. You look beautiful! Beautiful! Just gorgeous!" He smiled hugging him as he seated next to him "Hey, Tom... listen to this, the Turk wants to talk. Eh gosh, imagine the nerve of the sonofabitch, eh? Craps out last night, and wants a meetin' today..."

"What did he say?" He replied taking a sip of the whiskey.

"What did he say? Badda-beep, badda-bap, badda-boop, badda-beep. He wants us to send Michael here to proposition. And the promise is, that the deal is so good, that we can't refuse. Eh...".

"What about Bruno Tattaglia?" Tom was unsure about sending Michael.

"That's part of the deal. Bruno cancels out what they did to my father..." Sonny explained.

"Sonny, we ought to hear what they have to say...".

Sonny stood in front of his adoptive brother annoyed.

"No; no; no! No more! Not this time, consiglieri. No more meetin's, no more discussions, no more Sollozzo tricks. You give'em one message: I want Sollozzo, if not, it's all-out war. We go to the mattresses...".

"Some of the other families won't sit still for all-out war!" Tom stood angry.

"Then they hand me Sollozzo!" Sonny replied.

"Your father wouldn't want to hear this! This is business, not personal, Sonny!" Tom reminded him. Sonny was showing off his tempter at that moment.

"They shot my father, that's business? Your ass..." Sonny rolled his eyes.

"Even the shooting of your father was business, not personal, Sonny!" Tom replied trying to get Sonny to rethink what he wanted to do.

"Well, then, business will have to suffer, alright? And listen, do me a favor, Tom. No more advice on how to patch things up. Just help me win, please, alright?" Sonny added seating again on the couch.

"I found out about this Captain McCluskey who broke Mike's jaw..." Hagen started to explain.

"What about 'im?" Michael spoke after watching his brothers arguing for the last twenty minutes.

"Now he's definitely on Sollozzo's payroll, and for big money. McCluskey has agreed to be the Turk's bodyguard. What you have to understand, Sonny, is that while Sollozzo is being guarded like this, he is invulnerable. Now nobody has ever gunned down a New York police captain, never. It would be disastrous. All the Five Families would come after you, Sonny. The Corleone Family would be outcasts! Even the old man's political protection would run for cover! So do me a favor, take this into consideration." Tom advised him. He didn't want to start a war.

"Alright. We'll wait." Sonny agreed.

"We can't wait." Michael said standing up.