"Yeah, you seem to be very busy", Tyler said, expecting some explanations as to why she acceded to work with Jackson.

"I've got tons of work to do! But I can't complain, though", she spoke freely, talking to her old friend.

Tyler furrowed his brows. "Why is that?", he asked curiously.

"Mr. Jackson has been really nice to me", she shrugged, making him glare at nowhere in particular.

"But I thought he hated you—?", he trailed off as he saw Louisa smile brightly, as if she remembered some inside joke and he immediately felt left out.

"Not anymore... we've bonded quite well", she said nonchalantly as Tyler stopped walking. She looked back at him in confusion. "What's wrong, Ty?"

Tyler had a million thoughts rushing inside his head. No, no... it couldn't be... Michael Jackson hated Louisa's guts. Why would he even be nice to her? Maybe he wants to use her... yeah, that must be it. That's exactly why he never defended Louisa when they made plans using her to annoy President Jackson... because he knew that if Louisa knew that Michael was behind her misery, then she'd never look at him.

But now, his plans seemed to have been wrecked.

"I'm starving", he simply said, making Louisa giggle. "Let's go to KFC, I have something to show you", Louisa nodded and followed him to his car.

Louisa talked and talked during their ride, talking about either Lenore or Reina, reminiscing things of high school... she didn't seem to notice Tyler faking smiles or questions to her. He needed to do something to keep Louisa at bay, that's all he knew.

That's why he took his iPad out and entered his gallery, proceeding to click on an album and showing it to Louisa, who was busy waiting for their order. "Take a look at these, in my personal opinion, I like the third one, I think it suits your taste"

Louisa furrowed her brows at the sight of pictures of houses, looking up at him in confusion. "What's this, Ty?"

"Pick one and I'll buy it for you", he said and the way it came out of his mouth, offended her. She quickly locked the screen and passed it to him. "What?"

"I can't and I won't accept that", she firmly said, making him sigh.

"I'm your friend, I'm trying to help you out", he insisted. "You can't keep living at that house! Your street is dangerous as hell and I cannot be there to protect you at all times!"

Louisa squinted her eyes at him. "You are my friend, that's right... but that doesn't mean you have to buy a whole house for me!", she sounded aggravated, that wasn't his intention. "I don't need nobody to protect me—", she said but bit her tongue from talking further, remembering Michael and instantly blushing and looking away.

"I just want to help", he tried to catch her hand.

"Then just be there for me, I don't need money, I don't need a house...", she said before sighing deeply. "Most of my life I was dependent of other people's choices and picks for me... can't you just let me be? I'm okay, I'm fine... when you treat me as if I'm some kind of fragile woman it really hurts my pride, because that's not who I am"

"Lou...", he tried to say, but she was already heated. She knew that Tyler had changed after making his way to the top in the company, but she felt offended by the way his arrogant ass had shown her a few houses, she felt insulted.

The place she lived was a home, something Georgie and she built with so much sacrifice. And that place didn't deserve to be insulted like that. It was her space, the only remainder she had of the man she loved. But seeing this side of Tyler was brand new, something she'd been ignored all time along.

"I'm sorry for being harsh", she said, rubbing her face after calming down for a bit. "I'm just a bit sensitive because of..."

Tyler tried not to sound bitter. "I know... I'm sorry, it's my fault".

"It isn't", she mumbled and for the millionth time in the week, she wanted so bad to see Michael, even though they greeted each other goodbye a few hours ago.

Michael, on the other side, was beaming in happiness.

"Ashe! Please hide the family photobook, I know Mama will try to embarrass me...", he pleaded to his adoptive older sister over the phone as she laughed out loud at him.

"Who's this mystery guest, Mike? Is she your girl or what? I've never seen you stressing over thanksgiving ever since—", she was saying but he cut her down.

"Can we please forget about that? Thanks"

"I'm just saying Mike, if you're bringing her over at home, you already know it's pure chaos", she reminded him with a sing-song voice as he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever Ashe... is Taylor home?", he asked, knowing well that Ashe came all the way from Toronto to visit her parents for thanksgiving. She was now doing her master's degree there and was very busy thorough the year. Taylor, on the other hand, was a performing arts professor at the New York Conservatory of Dramatic Arts.

"She's arriving tonight, Abena and Lulu are here, though", she said and then Michael heard the all-familiar yelling between them, they were fighting, as usual. He chuckled. "Abena discovered that Lulu took her favorite red blouse all the way to Boston without telling her, this is fucking hell". Abena was one year older than Lulu and almost 13 years younger than Michael, she was studying at the University of Florida, being the part of the woman's tennis team. On the other side, Lulu was studying fashion at San Francisco.

Michael and Lulu being the only ones close to the family.

"I bet", he said, still laughing, but then sighing. He loved his adoptive family. "I can't believe we're bringing the gang together!"

"Me neither! Seeing each other a few days a year seems to be so much! Anyways, next year I'll be moving back to California, so don't miss me much", she said, and Michael gasped.

"Really Ashe? That's wonderful! You're finally getting your degree!", he said and even though Ashe knew the real side of Michael, she was perceiving something was going on.

"You're excited... too much excited for my liking", she said suspiciously. "I think that this mystery guest of yours might be behind it, hm?"

Michael smiled at the thought of Louisa. "That's none of your business, Moseley", he teased her, calling her by her second name.

"Shut the fuck up, applehead", she fired back. "I'll get you and I'll bust your ass"

The call had been pleasant, and Michael couldn't wait until Thursday came and he'd be taking Louisa for the weekend to Palm Springs. He already knew how excited his Mama was, and he knew he was willingly accepting to be the target of the laughs, but if Louisa had a good time; he was fine with it.

Remembering their lunch outings, their small talks about anything and the way she was comfortable around him eased him a lot. He was happy that he was knowing Louisa better, behind that whole cold and over-calculating façade, Louisa Ronan was a wonderful woman.

"You sure were a lucky guy, George Collins", he muttered to himself, remembering the bouquet of flowers, fruit basket and letter he had sent to his father, the only living family member he had. In the letter, he didn't reveal his identity, but thanked the man for giving life to a man that saved his own life.

He was so moved when he wrote the letter that he cried the whole night. He thanked George for the heart, and he was asking him for forgiveness because of his old self.

Also, he asked him politely for his blessing because he wanted to make Louisa his girl.

-------------

A/N: We're having a bit of an insight inside Tyler's world for a bit. Can you guys guess what's next regarding him?

Alsooooo, there are a few hints here and there about what's about to come.

Shit's about to go down... but first, let's have these guys catch a breath... right?