CHAPTER 5

Rebecca's Pov
I had thought all night long on how I'd get back at Kristen for humiliating me. I had to make her pay. Gym class started at 8:00 am on Thursdays, and Kristen always came a few minutes earlier. I walked into the empty gym with Bianca and Chloe in a blue joggers and black sneaker. Kristen was over at a corner in a black singlet and black joggers doing a few push ups

"Kristen" I sang her name as I walked towards her. She lifted her head up to me

"It's way too early for this, don't you think?" She grabbed her jacket and gym bag, turning to leave and I yanked her arm, flipping her around

"Don't you walk out on me"

"What early morning madness is this?" She said, pulling her hand away

"I had told you I wasn't going to let you get away with humiliating me"

"You're really childish you know that, Rebecca"

"I know you think you're some big shot, but no one ever messes with us & gets away with it" Chloe stated "We have the highest status here in Nevaeh"

"Highest status?" She sneered, raising her upper lips slightly.

I hated it when she did that. She always did that to mock us

"Oh! Please Chloe. Just because not every student in Nevaeh goes around parading & abusing their status doesn't mean that your status are higher than theirs. There are others like me whose status are way above yours"

"You never learn, do you?" Bianca blurted.

"You need to apologize right now" I commanded.

"Apologize to whom exactly, you?Don't kid yourself, Shawn. Kristen Garcia would never apologize to a lowlife like you. Now move out of my way" she pushed me aside, making her way to the entrance. 

"Kristen!" I yelled, running after her. I yanked her hair tightly, pulling on the roots

"Let go of me!" She struggled, twirling around as she fought to release her hair from my grip

"Now I'll remind you of your place. Girls!"

"Yes Rebecca" Chloe responded, bringing out a bottle of juice from her bag. She handed the bottle to me and I emptied the entire bottle on Kristen's hair.

"Rebecca!" She yelled as the juice rolled down her lips, to her clothes.

"Oops! My mistake" I mocked,  droping the bottle to the ground

Bianca, Chloe & I cooed, laughing hysterically.

"There's no need to be mad, Kristen dear. I just had to remind you that you're no less than that juice spilled all over. I don't care about your empire & ego, or what ever the shit it is your family owns. I am Rebecca Shawn......."

I felt my face turn to the side from the impact of the slap Kristen sent across my face.

"Kristen!" I yelled, breathing heavily. I had my hands on my now red face

"Don't you dare yell!" She shot back angrily "The nerve of you three to treat me like you do with your helpers. Who are you, huh?. Does being a Shawn make you less of the filth you are?"

"You have no right to call me filth!"

*******

Jake's Pov
Pete ran into the class like he was being chased by a bear. Anytime he did that we all knew something major was going on.

"Hey! guys, Kristen & Rebecca are having a showdown at the gym" He stated with so much enthusiasm " Hurry!" He shot back, as everyone raced out to the gym.

"Not again" I said, as Laura, Bella & I sprinted towards the gym.

"What have you gained by being Steve Shawn's daughter? You tell me - Is it an achievement, Rebecca? Are you that proud of your filthy roots?!" Kristen said, her voice raised.

I could see she was real pissed

"I don't care who's daughter you are. I am a Garcia & you can never compete with that. Let's see you try"

"You better watch it Kris......"

she growled, cutting Rebecca off.

"I wasn't done talking so shut the hell up and listen!"

I saw her eyes flicker in tears. I was seeing something I'd never seen before in Kristen. This wasn't just a fight to feed her ego, I saw real pain in her eyes.

"You have already crowned yourself the queen of Sheba over the wealth your father stole. Everyone knows just how corrupt our so called president is. He embezzles public funds & wears a mask of deceit to mask the demon he really is inside. He's a greedy snake who would do anything for money, even sacrifice you his very own daughter"

"Don't you dare say another word against my father! You better use your words correctly, Kristen.

"I know Kristen's mad, but she's gone way overboard" Laura said with worry filled eyes

"You're right" Bella continued "No one would tolerate anyone insulting their father"

I could hear everyone mumbling and cursing Kristen under their breathes. This isn't good.

"The father whom you're defending so blindly isn't worthy of sympathy" Kristen continued "Everybody else may be blind, but I'm not. He's a fraud and a shameless human........"

"Kristen!" Rebecca yelled as she threw a slap on Kristen's face.

"Oh my God!" Bella gasped, throwing her hands over her mouth.

"Kristen" Laura mumbled softly.

Everyone fell silent. Bianca & Chloe just stood there numb, saying nothing in their, or Rebecca's defense. I felt my anger rising - Rebecca hitting her like that made me mad. Perhaps I cared for her more than I realized. My eyes fell on Ray. His teeth was clenched & his fist knotted. His face showed how much he was battling the urge to hit Rebecca back. I could see concern for Kristen all over his face. For the first time I saw the way he felt for her in his eyes.......It was genuine.

"You have said more than enough now" Rebecca voiced out, giving her a cold glare.

"No! I haven't even began yet" Kristen continued, her voice shaky "You!..... You need to know your actual place. I rank first in this entire department of a hundred students, while you rank 75. As for your moronic friends, Bianca ranks 84 & Chloe 62, yet you think yourselves better than me. You just remember one thing Rebecca, the whole world doesn't revolve around you"

"It doesn't revolve around you either, Kristen"

"Don't try to act smart with me" Kristen commanded, grabbing Rebecca's shirt "This is really your last warning, Rebecca"

"Let go!" Rebecca yelled, hauling Kristen's shirt.

"Miss Garcia" Principal Lisa called out as she walked in speedily "Let go of her this instance!"

"As you wish" Kristen replied, pushing Rebecca away

"Come on, Kristen" Principal Lisa said, dragging her hand.

"Don't touch me" Kristen spat, yanking her hand away from her "I'm not a criminal so please don't go dragging me like I'm one. I know the way to your office so well since I get sent there always, so I'll go on my own. Thank you!"

Kristen stomped out of the gym, with principal Lisa marching behind her.

"I'm worried. I hope she doesn't get expelled" laura said, as we strolled out of the gym.

"You're right. The only reason she has always being pardoned is because she's a Garcia. Also because, Nevaeh can't afford to loose a straight A student like her" I stated, slouching in my seat.

"Principal Lisa has never liked Kristen. She'll surely put the blame on her" Bella said, exhaling deeply.

Everything was too strange. This wasn't the usual fight between the two of them. Kristen definitely had something against Steve Shawn. She was definitely  bitter when she spoke about him. There's no way she'd have such resentment without a reason. What in the world was going on?