Chapter 1: Like A Bird

A Place To Escape
Chapter 1: Like A Bird

((A/N: I just want to quickly say that this story is currently MY BABY. I have been putting so much effort into planning and writing this, so feedback would mean the world to me. ))

Kylo Ren cannot believe he agreed to this.

His knights claimed it was to celebrate his soon-to-be victory of finding the map to Skywalker.

"It's a tradition for us."

"You're our leader. Come with us!"

"It'll be the best night of your fucking life."

"Our treat. The top girl. We'll pay."

"What man doesn't want to be fucked from sundown to sun up?"

"Trust us. You won't regret it."

They persistently badgered him until he finally gave in and agreed.

"Just this once," he told them.

He remembered how his answer had caused them to shout and slap him on the back.

However, Kylo Ren does not share their enthusiasm.

Unlike his knights, he has no need for drinking and womanizing. Those are the needs of weaker men. All Kylo Ren needs is to carry on his grandfather's legacy by ending the Jedi Order once and for all.

His knights told him no uniform, no mask—so they wouldn't be recognized. The idea did not sit well with Kylo. Being without his weapon and armor would leave him vulnerable.

What if they were attacked? Or someone recognized his face?

It didn't matter that the likelihood of someone recognizing him was slim.

Once upon a time, his face belonged to Ben Solo.

That thought alone left Kylo feeling exposed.

"At Paradise House, we aren't warriors or part of the First Order. At Paradise House, we are only men," Vicrul had told him before Kylo was able to protest further.

Vicrul is his fiercest knight, the one who'd seen the most battles. This is apparent by the endless amount of scarring that litters Vicrul's entire body. Even his hard, jagged face has several scars on it. Vicrul's not one to care about his appearance. His shoulder-length matted blond hair is always messily slicked back and shaved on the sides to reveal that most of the shell of his left ear is missing–cut off in one battle or another.

All of Kylo's knights are loyal, but he trusts Vicrul above all others. From the very beginning, Vicrul had supported Kylo and his transition into becoming Master of the Knights of Ren. He's fiercely protective in a brotherly sense that Kylo had never experienced before.

Since then, Kylo lost count of the number of times Vicrul had nearly laid down his life for him.

However difficult it is for Kylo to admit, Vicrul's the brother he never had.

"Vicrul...This place. It's just another brothel. It can't be as magical as you all make it out to be."

"Kylo, trust me. It is so much more than that."

He decided it wasn't worth continuing to argue. One night and then it would be done with.

So now, here Kylo Ren is, sitting at one of the front tables of Paradise House with his six knights.

Paradise House is, in fact, not just a brothel but also a bar and dance hall.

It has an old-worldly feel, no bright shiny metals scrubbed to hygienic perfection. Instead, it's dark woods and rich red velvets, the air sweet with perfume.

The patrons of Paradise House vary in age, gender, and species. However, one thing is clear—they're all incredibly wealthy. Tables surround the main dance floor and stage, where both male and female performers dance, enticing the audience to hand them coins and credits.