v. GLOOMY WALLS.

rich girl. chapter five.
SUMMARY ; sydney tries to avoid negan.

you're asking me to stay
but i've never met a man i could trust
——

SYDNEY WAS given a bedroom of her own that night, unfortunately it was placed on only one level below negan's. she overheard him telling the guards she was being put on watch and that was the reasoning for not giving her a  bedroom on the lowest level floors as newcomers were given, no one got to stay in that high up in the corridors without earning it. though sydney didn't look at it as a privilege, more of a disadvantage.

it was clear that negan was not going to give in, give up or let sydney win. he would continue to prove that he was always one step ahead, he was the leader and she was deemed to be just another follower. but the man had one thing to learn and that was sydney was not like all the others, she would surely rather die before she kneeled for him, it made her sick to her stomach to even think about doing, negan put such a bad taste in her mouth. she feared she would lose her mind inside those walls.

though some might say sydney wasn't the most caring or selfless person, she wouldn't intentionally put her family in harms way, and negan would for sure use this to his advantage. he knew she couldn't care less that her wellbeing was in his hands, she was so stubborn and hard headed she would have no problem with her pride being the reason for her death, but her brother and uncle were not the same as her, the only way to get to her would be hurting them, and negan would do it if it meant breaking sydney.

for them, she would have to bend her morals. for the only two reasons she kept going, sydney would have to bite back any smart remarks to the best of her ability. it would take everything from her, but something happening to either of the boys back home would surely take more. without them, there was no home to go back to, she would be stuck there within those gloomy walls for the rest of her living days.

sydney barely slept a wink that night, either because of the untrustworthy environment she was in, or because the mattress she was lying upon was so uncomfortable she thought it might've been stuffed with rocks, she wasn't sure, maybe it was both. though, the biggest issue had to be the complete darkness. back at home, there was a small flicker of light she kept on every night, as soon as the sun disappeared from the sky it went on automatically. they lived in such a violent world, where you constantly had to be on alert, she preferred if she could see around her. since sydney was a small child, the dark was never something she found comfort with.

sydney had been staring up at the ceiling, internally thanking god when the sun began to rise, and she could make out the silhouettes of items around the small room. it was nothing special, the stiff twin mattress she was laying on, a thin scruffy grey blanket that helped little to none with keeping her warm, one plain white pillow under her head, and a small bathroom with nothing but the necessities. it was so quiet within the bedroom she could hear herself breathe, she absolutely hated it.

suddenly, an ear piercing alarm sounded throughout the bedroom. sydney's heart jumped against her chest, her whole body flinching at the sudden noise erupting the silent. her hands flew to cover her ears, her face scrunching up as her heart rate rose. she shot up onto a sitting position, eyes quickly scanning the bedroom for any item that the alarm could've been coming from, but there wasn't anything. it sounded as if it was coming from within the walls, yet also outside in the hallway.

sydney tossed the blanket off of her body, swinging her legs over the bed to stand to her feet. she stomped over to the door, twisting the handle and flinging it open, to reveal multiple saviours outside in the hallway, some shrugging coats on over their shoulders, as others yawned and rubbed at their faces, paying little no mind to the screeching sound that somehow managed to grow louder when sydney opened the door.