Chapter One: Platform 9 3/4

These are not original characters, these characters, homes/schools, etc. belong to J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series, which is what this story is based off of. This book is based after the Battle of Hogwarts, so some of our favorite characters are no longer with us. RIP to those lost in that battle.

"I can't believe summer is already over!" cried Ginny  as she latched up her trunk.

"I know! Although it will be nice to be back in school." Hermione replied as she put crookshanks into his carrier.

"Only you would say the Hermione." Harry said as he walked into the room and gave Ginny a kiss on her cheek.

Hermione rolled her eyes at Harry's comment, as she started to take her stuff downstairs. "Gotcha! Whatcha doing there?" Ron said in her ear as he snaked his arm around Hermione's waist. Usually her heart would flutter a little when he did something like that, but now, she didn't feel anything. She simply shrugged off the feeling and pushed his hand off and continued towards the stairs of the Burrow, "I'm taking my stuff down stairs Ron, what does it look like?"

"Geez, looks like someone woke up on the wrong said of the bed."

"I'm just not in the mood Ronald!" Hermione snapped as she walked down the stairs. All summer her feelings for Ron have changed, she still loved him, but not like before. She loved him more as a friend now, like a brother, same as how she felt about Harry.  But she won't admit that she no longer had romantic feelings about Ron, to anyone, let alone herself

"Oh dear! Let me help you with those!" Mrs. Weasley said as she grabbed the trunk from Hermione. They walked to the muggle car that Mr. Weasley had bought so they could drive to the train station without drawing much attention to themselves.

----------

Hermione sat in between Ginny and the window in the car ride. She talked a little with Ginny, but stared out the widow most of the drive.

"We're here!" Mrs. Weasley called excitedly from the front seat. 

"Why, Mrs. Weasley, if I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were excited to get rid of us!" Harry said jokingly. 

"Oh me? Never dear!" Mrs. Weasley responded with an exaggerated hand wave.

----------

Hermione sat down in the window seat on the trains bench with Luna Lovegood next to her. Harry was in between Ginny and Ron by the window. Neville Longbottom came running in the compartment late, as he does every year.

"Sorry guys! Thanks for waiting for me!" Neville cried as he sat down next to Luna.

"Oh Neville, we will always wait for you!" Hermione said as she got up and gave Neville a hug, "It's nice to see your smiling face again." she said as she sat back down.

"Thanks Hermione."

The train ride went by very slowly, "Harry, how far are we from Hogwarts?"

"We're still at least an hour away."

"Okay, thanks." Bored out of her mind, Hermione got up to walk the halls and clear her mind. She got about 10 feet away from her compartment when she ran into something hard and started to fall down when something grabbed her by the waist and puller her up straight. "I am so sorry!" she said as she looked up to she who she ran into. Her eyes skimmed his body, and then she meet his eyes. Those eyes, the eyes she has dying to see without even knowing it.

"Careful there Granger. Not everyone should get the pleasure of holding you in their arms. Be glad it was me who caught you." Draco Malfoy said with a small smile, instead of his usual smirk.

She blushed deeply remembering his arms were still around her waist. Before she could come up with a smart comeback, Draco brushed a stray hair out of her face and tucked it away behind her ear, a look of want in his silver eyes.  He leaned down to whisper in her ear, "Although I do enjoy having you in my arms." He slowly let go of her and walked back to his compartment leaving Hermione breathless.

----------

I can't believe I just did that!  Draco thought to himself as he walked back to his compartment, a giant goofy grin on his face.

"What's got you so happy?" Blaise, Draco's best friend asked as Draco walked into the compartment and sat down next to him.

"Nothing." he said a little to quickly.

"Sure." Blaise replied with a smirk on his face, but he dropped it, knowing Draco would tell him when he was ready. Draco sighed as he leaned his head against the window and started to think about Hermione and how he missed the warmth of her body in his hands without even realising it.

----------

She stood there for a second, wondering what just, happened. She still had the butterfly's in her stomach even after he walked away. It's like he had this power over her, something that Ron had never made her feel. She walked back to the compartment with a grin on her face. Ron gave her a questioning look but she ignored it and started to talk to Ginny about who the head boy and girl might be.