2 ~ The Carriage

"I don't want to go! I should be going to Hogwarts, why can't I go to Hogwarts? I had to leave all my friends at Ilvermorny, why do I have to come here?" Isabelle demanded as she stood in the Grand Hall of her adopted family mansion. A black, straight haired lady walked over to the girl with a smirk on her face. "I can be cool and fun  guardian all you want but that means you gotta be cool and fun child. So get your ass up stairs and get your trunk." Isabelle tried to hide a smile as she marched up to the woman. "Well, Jenn. If you want me to be cool and fun child, let me go to Hogwarts!" Jennifer smiled and bent down to Isabelle's height. Her smile faltered and she held onto the girls hand. "Belle you know you can't, you heard about the Dark mark symbol being shot up in the Quidditch World Cup, we can't risk it. We can't do anything for Harry, but we can keep you safe." 

"Belle, don't you think if you could go to Hogwarts we'd send you there. Dumbledore would have our heads if we let you go anywhere near there." A tall brunette man entered the room and was now stood beside Jennifer and Isabelle looking down at them. Isabelle sighed and nodded, "I know Adam, I'm sorry for bringing it up." The man shook his head and smiled as he ruffled the girls hair when she passed. Isabelle wandered up the black spiral staircase and checked her appearance in the mirror. Looking back at her was a short girl with flaming red hair and Freckles were dotted over her nose. But what made her stand out wasn't her hair or her pale complexion but her piercing emerald green eyes. 

She returned to the hall moments later with a large white trunk, Adam and Jennifer smiled at her. But the room felt different to Isabelle as she looked at the two people who raised her. Isabelle looked to Adam with a hurt look on her face, "Is that what you really think?" She said with a tears beginning to sting her eyes, Jennifer turned to Adam and rolled her eyes rushing over to Isabelle's side. "Belle, what's wrong?" She whispered as she began stroking her red hair. Isabelle took a deep breath and looked up to Adam, "He was thinking that I won't fit in, he thinks I'm going to be different because I'm not a Veela and I'm not french." Jennifer sent a stern look to Adam who winced and shrugged his shoulders. "Belle, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, it was just for a second. You know how worried I get when it's about you, I was just overthinking." Isabelle wiped away her tears and stood up from Jenns grip, Adam pulled her into a warm hug. "It's okay, I know."

"Let's get moving, everyone out. Time to get to Beauxbatons, I would like to get there before all the good carriages are taking and my little princess is stuck with weirdos." Jennifer said as she shooed Adam and Isabelle out of the mansion doors. The small girl rolled her eyes and grinned as she followed the two adults out of the house. 

Soon they reached a large field with around sixty carriages scattered around. Jennifer and Adam accompanied her to one which had no others inside yet. "Okay, this is important. This is where we make sure you are friends with cool people like me and Jenn, we can't have you friends with bogey pickers." This caused Isabelle to burst out into laughter, Jennifer was taking a look inside the carriage, trying to determine whether it was deemed appropriate for their princess. The exterior was a mixture of a deep plum purple and a light violet colour. There were multiple windows surrounding the roof of the carriage with gold framing. The carriage had a detailed intricate pattern on the outside. Inside were purple cushioned seats, it appeared to be more spacious than what it looked like on the outside.

At the front of the carriage were three magnificent, snowy white, winged horses. Their feathered wings were wide and powerful and they stretched them out momentarily before folding them back at their sides. Their eyes were an icy blue that almost appeared to faintly glow in the morning light as they peered around at the elegant, yet excited students. Some were being fed mysterious looking liquids which appeared to look very similar to single malt whiskey.

Soon, a small blonde girl approached the carriage. She smiled making her dark, almost yellow eyes shine. "Hi I'm Sylvie Barnette, I'm a fifth year, would you mind if I joined you in the carriage? My brother left me to go off with his friends." Isabelle smiled and nodded moving aside letting the girl climb in. Adam placed an arm around Jennifer, "I think she's ready to be left alone." Jennifer grinned and looked to Isabelle, she waved off the girl and the two adults left back home.