Yoongi's backstory

"Yoongi hurry! In the bunkers"! Yoongi hears his father yelling to him over the chaos. South Korea was thrown in the middle of a nuclear war.

Yoongi was only 10 back then, so he was very scared. He's never been the victim of a nuclear war before.

Before he could move even an inch, a nuclear bomb fell right on his father, killing him. "Appa"! Yoongi cries.

Yoongi's mother grabs his hand and threw him into a bunker before she was killed as well. "Eomma"! Yoongi cries.

~flash forward 10 years later~

Yoongi sighs. The 20 year old sitting in his bunk. His older brother was in the kitchen of the bunker.

Yoongi was trying to work on homework, but it wasn't going so well. It was because he has a crush on someone.

That someone was Kim Seokjin, another 20 year old from a different bunker. Yoongi's head felt fuzzy.

He couldn't tell if it was from the radiation that occasionally seeps through the bunker, or if it was from his feelings for Seokjin.

"Yoongi! Dinner"! His big brother calls. Yoongi walks into the kitchen. Even though they live in a bunker, their government makes sure their like houses.

So they have kitchens and living rooms, heck they even have bathrooms. Yoongi eats and goes to shower.

A clean jumpsuit was hanging up on the wall. By law, everyone in the bunkers has to wear those jumpsuits.

It lets outsiders know that they are survivors of the war. Yoongi sighs. He knows he shouldn't complain, but he misses the outside.

He strips out of his old jumpsuit and slips into the shower. He lets the warm water cascade over his body.

He doesn't spend long in the shower, because the head of their bunker is issuing an important announcement in an hour.

He changes into his clean jumpsuit and joins his brother in the living room, along with the other residents of the bunker.

"Hello my glorious and able citizens. This is Claus Fadicus speaking. I wanted to inform you that in a couple of weeks, we'll be sending one of our male citizens to pair with a male from the other bunker to undergo a two month long water purification project. It won't be easy, due to the high level of radioactive fallout still present in this area, but I can assure you, the project will make our lives so much better. That's all for now. We'll have our selection in a few weeks. Claus Fadicus out".

The TV goes black. A water purification project! Yoongi's heart stirs at this. A chance to go above ground.

Yoongi has always wanted to see what their land above had turned into after the war. He tells his brother, and he agrees.