Chapter 13

Wooyoung was more nervous than he should be. This should just be another training session and Yixing should only tell them what they could improve at. But with what he said, all Wooyoung could think of was if he'd still be in this class an hour later. If he'd screw this up now, everything he fought for ... everything he endured while working for this would be wasted. Everything would be over.

Wooyoung wiped the sweat from his forehead and noticed his hands were shaking. He was afraid. Afraid to lose everything.

As he got into position, he felt a hand on his back. Seonghwa gave him a supporting smile. Another hand was on his arm. Yeosang gave him an approving nod.

"Let's huddle", San ordered and they came together in the middle of the room, putting their arms around each other to form a circle. "Wooyoung, we all want you to stay in this class", San said quietly, so Yixing wouldn't hear him. "Am I right?"

"Of course!", the others said.

"We'll make this work!" San said and looked at Seonghwa.

Seonghwa understood what he wanted and gave the signal: "Two, three!"

"7 makes 1 team! Fighting!" They shouted together as loudly as they could.

With new energy they got back into position to face Yixing. Wooyoung looked at his teacher with confidence. Their training earlier wasn't bad. Their synchronization was really good for a group that hadn't practised together for a long time. They'll make it work.

San turned the music on and they showed him what they've been preparing the past week.

After they finished Yixing signalled them to drink water before they stood in a line in front of him again, awaiting his harsh but always helpful critic.

"Well at least it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be." Yixing began. "You were more synchronized that I thought you might be. Wooyoung", he called him out and Wooyoung took a step forward. "I can see that you've worked hard, but it's not enough yet. You are dragging the others down. You need to work harder."

Wooyoung nodded and dared not to look away from Yixing's stare as he got back in line.

"San", Yixing continued and San stepped forward. "The choreo is good and interesting. But it is not enough. It didn't blow me away." Wooyoung looked at San's profile to see what he was thinking. But San's face was without any emotions. "You need to work harder on this. Especially in the dance-break. It was not enough. Not nearly enough. It didn't leave an impact. I wouldn't remember this stage, even if you'd be dressing up right now. You need to change that up."

"Okay." San said and took a step back again.

"Yunho", he called out the next one to correct him in some parts. This went on for a few minutes till he said something to every one of them.

"These are the parts you need to work on", Yixing finished his critic. "Think about what I've told you last week. I want you to present me a stage that's worthy for an idol group to perform. If you are able to do this, you'll pass."

Wooyoung felt relieved as Yixing stopped talking. He didn't get any good critic, but at least he wasn't expelled from the class. When everyone was starting to relax Yixing told them to sit down, for another talk.

He asked how the training had been and they were now free to talk in a more relaxed manner. Yixing knew that they were nervous before they showed him what they got, so he wanted a more honest answer now.

He listened to them and nodded a few times.

"Okay then. I know it's been hard and it only gets harder", Yixing then said and had all their attention again. "But I have another task for you." He paused for a moment to make sure they were all listening. "You are going to do a cover dance next week. Split up in pairs of two or three and practise two songs you like. It should either be sexy, powerful or cute. And on next week's Sunday we'll film a little video of you and release it on our YouTube channel. As you are probably going to be dancers of this company, we need to introduce you to the public."

Wooyoung's mouth fell open. He should practise another song till next week? He didn't even have enough time to practise for their main performance in three weeks, but he's supposed to do another one in only one week?

"You can choose the pairs yourself and the songs. I want two dances from each group. For the video we will pick one from each group." Yixing finished and got up. The class was over and he left them alone.

It was quite after Yixing closed the door and everyone was looking at Wooyoung. He guessed the despair was written all over his face.