Chapter Eight

"You do it" Ron told her, Hermione's eyes widened in shock. She was wearing a blue denim jacket on top of a pinkish purple hoodie. Her jeans were a dark colour and her light brown boots were laced up. She'd now out grown her fringe and her hair was stuck in a messy plait.
"What?" She responded, they both looked like they had been beaten up. The battle hadn't really started yet too.
"Destroy it, you're the best for it" he smiled reassuringly at her.
"Okay" Hermione sighed and picked up the basilisk fang, her eyes gazed down at the horcrux cup on the floor. Taking a breath in she raised it and dug it into the cup. They could hear a distant screaming which was clearly coming from Voldemort.
"Let's father the fangs, there may only be two horcruxes left but we can't be to careful" Hermione said as they picked up a few handfuls of basilisk fangs each.

"Hermione! Ron!" Harry called as they arrived back in the corridor.
"Harry!" Hermione smiled and nearly dropped the fangs as she was about to hug him.
"Where's the cup?" He asked.
"Hermione destroyed it, we also thought we should get these. You know, in case we needed them"
"Okay, well I know where the diadem is! It's the final horcrux let's go!" He told them, both of their eyes widened shock as they ran after him.

After narrowly escaping the room of requirement the final horcrux was destroyed, well apart from Nagini. Hermione heard Fred and Percy just ahead of them. Suddenly she felt the wall shake, sensing what was going to happen she jumped on Fred and pushed him out of the way. As she opened her eyes she saw Harry and Ron emerging from the rubble. Percy looking dazed and Fred looking at her scared.
"You just saved my life" Fred told her, his voice shaking slightly.
"Anytime" she smiled lightly and hopped up before her and her two best friends continued on.

"Where is he?" Ron asked them, Hermione turned to Harry.
"Find him, tap into his mind" Hermione told Harry, he looked at her shocked before nodding.

A blood curdling scream escaped Hermione's mouth as she saw Hagrid carrying Harry's seemingly lifeless body. Her cheeks were already tear stained from the deaths that had already happened.
"Harry!" Both her Ron and Ginny all shouted in unison.
"Surrender yourselves or suffer the consequences" Voldemort smirked, Hermione was about to step forward but felt Fred's hand on her shoulder.
"You saved my life now I'm saving yours" he whispered to her. However Neville did step forward.
"No! We won't give in!" He shouted, Voldemort's piercing blood red eyes moved from Ron and Hermione onto Neville.
"That's the Longbottom boy my lord" Bellatrix smiled evilly and placed her hand on the Dark Lords shoulder. Just then the sorting hat flew out from nowhere being carried by Fawkes.
The hat landed on Nevilles head before Voldemort fired the cruciatus curse at Neville and set the hat on fire. Neville was on fire. Hermione made eye contact with the fire, a sudden surge of water poured over it. A warm smirk spread across her face as Neville pulled the sword out and beheaded Nagini.

Within a second the battle was back in full swing, Harry was alive. Hermione blocked a curse and fired a stunning spell at a Death Eater. She heard a curse being muttered by a Death Eater at someone on the otherside of her. Annoyed she stunned the masked man and saw who the curse was going to be aimed at.
"Charlie!" She shouted and ran into his arms, her arms wrapped around his neck as his arms clutched her waist. After a second she pushed her lips against his. Once she pulled off him she stuck her hand out and blasted a stunning spell at a Death Eater who was getting ready to curse her.
"Mione, you're okay!" He kissed her forehead.
"Of course I am. I have a way of getting out of things" she smiled up at him. "But right now I'm going to go help Luna and Ginny!" She ran off towards them, her spell hit Bellatrix square in the chest and she stumbled backwards.
"Mudblood!" Bellatrix screamed at her and shot a killing curse, Hermione ducked to avoid it. Charlie was behind her duelling some other masked men. All three girls together were better than her but she was shooting unforgivables at them as though they were presents on Christmas.
"Avada Kedavra!" Bellatrix screeched and the spell missed Ginny by a centimetre. Mrs Weasley had just arrived next to them.
"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" She shouted all three of the girls pointed their wands at the evil witch but Mrs Weasley shook her head. "Stay back! She's mine!" Hermione nodded and ran off to join Charlie.
"Hey Princess, you ready to kick some death eater arses?" He asked, a smirk playing on his lips.
"What are you fifteen?" She chuckled. "But to answer your question, yes. Yes I am" the two stood back to back and began.

Soon enough it was over, everything had ended.
"Oh Harry!" Hermione smiled and hugged him tight. He hugged her back.
"It's over right?" Ron asked as he hugged them both.
"Yeah it is" Harry replied, after the three best friends pulled apart Ginny ran into Harry's arms and Hermione walked over to Charlie. He put his arm around her and hugged her tight. Smiling she wrapped her arms around his neck and hugged him back.
"I love you" She whispered.
"The feeling is mutual love" her cheeks went bright red. Tonks was hugging Remus, well more snogging.

Seven years of fighting. Of pain. Had lead to this. The end. The demise of Voldemort. For once everything was happy, people could be happy.

"Oh what the hell am I waiting for" Charlie said as he turned around and lunged his lips onto Hermione's. Her eyes widened in shock at the sudden impact but within a second she kissed back.