•4•

Katsuki lip reads in this. Lip reading is super hard, so obviously he wouldn't catch every single word, but he's smart enough to take the key words and fill in the blanks. I'm just filling the blanks in to make it easier to read.

Ever since the day in the living room, Katsuki had been avoiding Shoto like the plague. If the dual haired boy entered a room, Katsuki was scurrying to leave, except for class of course. That he just had to suffer through.

The two toned smug bastard now thought Katsuki thought he was cute! And it was all Midoriya's fault. Katsuki didn't even think that! Mostly.

Okay, so there were worst looking guys in class, but that didn't mean Katsuki thought he was cute!

It had been nearly a week since then, which meant that more and more of the class was being taught asl by Midoriya. And of course the nerd was taking it way to seriously, giving them notes and little worksheets that would help them, even sending out videos to help them practice.

Katsuki couldn't help the very, very small smile that made it's way onto his face as he realized that in a span of a few weeks, nearly twenty kids were trying to learn a different language just so they could talk to him. He had never felt so.... included? Cared about? He wasn't positive, but it sure as hell was a foreign feeling.

Most of the class could now introduce themselves in sign and hold a very basic conversation. Katsuki was trying really hard to stay patient with them, seeing as he had had the same conversation with all of them every single day. It got repetitive when all they could ask was 'how are you?', but he wasn't a complete asshole and knew that they were trying for him, so he took a deep breath and signed slowly.

Katsuki was scrolling through his phone on the couch, sitting next to Midoriya while Kirishima sat in front of the green haired boy. They were both happily chatting away and Katsuki couldn't care less about what their conversation entailed. Until he looked up and caught some of Kirishima's words.

"-wish I knew more sign so I could actually hold a real conversation with him."

"I can read lips dumbass." Katsuki spoke up, keeping his head raised to catch what Kirishima would say back. His voice was raspy, as to be expected when he rarely used it.

"I know that, but I know how hard that is. Plus Midoriya said you don't like talking and I don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything." Kirishima said back, making sure that he kept his head up so Katsuki had a clear view of his mouth.

"It's not that I don't like to talk, it's just fucking weird to not hear what I'm saying. Plus I have no god damn clue how loud I'm being." Katsuki explained with a small shrug. He had always been a loud person, so he knew that semi yelling was his default and he couldn't exactly hear to adjust the volume. When he did talk, on occasion, he'd normally just have Midoriya or his parents tell him if he needs to quiet down.

Kirishima nodded in understanding. "Yeah, that would be super weird."

Midoriya tugged on Katsuki's sleeve lightly to gain his attention. "I can just interpret if you want."  He signed, knowing that lip reading was straining for Katsuki.

Katsuki shrugged again. "Just sign what he's saying, I can talk." He said.

(I'm just gonna have them talk, but know that Midoriya is signing everything he and Kiri say)

"So what'd you wanna know shitty hair?" Katsuki asked, turning back to Kirishima for a second.

"I thought he called me dumb hair?" Kirishima asked, slightly offended all over again.