CHAPTER 1: I'm Aky!

Start from the beginning

I realized that when I initially received the handbook, I hadn't taken the time to explore its pages thoroughly. It was only now that I noticed the presence of the faculty members.

As someone approached me from a distance, I quickly returned my earphones and handbook to my bag. I didn't want to give the impression that I was fiddling with anything, as I didn't want to risk being reprimanded by the teachers and potentially ending up in the disciplinary room. Instead, I shifted my focus to the front, eager to observe what was about to unfold. Earlier, we were sternly reminded that phone usage was prohibited inside the auditorium. I must admit, being a bit stubborn, I had still used my phone discreetly.

After a few moments, a woman with waist-length blonde hair made her entrance. From her appearance, I estimated her to be in her early twenties. Her captivating blue eyes scanned the room, and within seconds, her rose-pink lips curled into a warm smile.

In that instant, I was mesmerized. Words failed me as I struggled to capture the sheer beauty that radiated from her. She seemed like a goddess, a vision that left me starstruck and in awe of her ethereal charm.

"Good morning, students! How was your holiday vacation?" she asked, her voice brimming with cheerfulness. Her sweet, melodic voice resonated in my ears, like a soothing lullaby.

Whispers filled the room as we collectively wondered about the identity of this enchanting lady. Most of the boys couldn't help but admire her beauty, and I was no exception. Who wouldn't be captivated by such grace and elegance?

"Oh! I completely forgot to introduce myself, my apologies. I am Star, the owner of this esteemed school. It's a pleasure to meet all of you!" she announced, her smile radiant and infectious. Her words left us in utter astonishment.

There stood a breathtakingly beautiful lady on the stage, claiming to be Star, the elusive owner of our school. As we all knew, Ms. Star rarely made appearances, as if she existed only once in a blue moon. Even during our admissions process last year or the recognition day, she was nowhere to be seen. Her presence now was a remarkable surprise, igniting a whirlwind of thoughts and curiosity among us all.

So, this is what the students were whispering about in the hallway earlier. Truth be told, I had no clue who Ms. Star was. I often heard her name mentioned in conversations among teachers, who would praise her skills and abilities. Personally, I had no idea what kind of person she was; she remained an enigma, rarely seen or heard from.

Once, out of curiosity, I attempted to search for her name on the internet, hoping to find some information. To my surprise, there was no trace of her online. Even Google seemed oblivious to the owner of such a prestigious school in the Philippines. It only added to the mysterious aura surrounding Ms. Star, making her even more elusive and intriguing.

Perhaps this is the reason why there were numerous teachers standing guard on the sides, strictly prohibiting us from using our phones. Initially, I thought it was to ensure that everyone paid attention to the speaker, but now I realized there was a deeper significance to their actions. It seemed as though they were safeguarding the privacy and secrecy surrounding Ms. Star, ensuring that no unauthorized information or images were leaked.

"Good morning, everyone! I am Star, the owner of this wonderful school, and I would like to express my gratitude to each and every one of you for choosing our school and staying with us. While I may not be a familiar face to many of you, I am here today to make an important announcement regarding our annual academic break."

"First and foremost, I want to acknowledge the hard work and challenges that all of you have faced during these unprecedented times. The administration and faculty members have taken note of your dedication, and as a token of appreciation, we have decided to organize a one-week academic break before your upcoming exams. This break will provide you with a well-deserved opportunity to relax and recharge..."