cookies and christmas

Start from the beginning

"You think?" Tyler asked, taking another cookie and pressing play on the Christmas music. "I agree."

Sounds of Mariah Carey filled their living room as Jim jumped up in Josh's lap, licking his hand softly when he settled down.

"Jim, move your butt," Tyler pouted, pushing him over a bit and sitting next to Josh, putting his head on his shoulder.

"Who are we mailing them to?" Josh asked him, watching him think and count off on his fingers.

"My parents and Jay, your parents, Ashley, Abby, Jordan, Maddy, Zack, uh.. Brendon and Sarah... Ryan.."

"Nine," Josh mumbled. "Distant family?"

"Nope," Tyler shook his head. "Except maybe yours."

"My Aunt can have one," Josh chuckled. "That's an even ten."

Tyler sighed happily, letting Jim get himself comfortable on both of their laps.

"I actually really hate Christmas," he told Josh quietly. "It's so stressful and stuff."

"You've told me that, like, a million times, Ty."

"Whatever!"

Josh laughed, wrapping an arm around Tyler's waist and kissing his forehead. "Do you wanna tell me about your stresses, darling?"

His lover was silent for a few moments, then shrugged. "They're all kinda.. cliche or whatever. I just.. there's too much running around, planning, dates we have to remember.. it's a lot on my mind, y'know? I need a couple days off, I guess."

"Then take a couple days off, Ty. You seriously deserve it, and I'm sure that I could do stuff in your place," Josh offered. "All you gotta do is take care of Jim and give him attention all day."

"Done and done," Tyler yawned. "Tired, Joshie."

"Go to sleep, then," he chuckled, closing his eyes along with Tyler's. "I can mail out the cards. Anything else that needs to be done?"

"Cookies," Tyler mumbled softly. "Don't eat all the cookies."

He conked out, leaving Josh to move Jim and carry him back to their bedroom, tucking him in and kissing his forehead softly, telling him how much he loved him and how deserving of happiness he was. Josh knew that he struggled with that sometimes, so he decided to start telling his subconscious, to see if it would help.

He then moved back to the kitchen, taking some cookies and starting to address envelopes.

~

"You have a cocoa 'stache," Josh informed Tyler on early Christmas morning, sipping on his own hot chocolate as he watched Tyler look at him with a glare.

"It's a fashion choice, I'll have you know," he told him coldly, going back to sipping the drink.

"Damn, don't have to be so mean," Josh murmured, looking back to the clock. They had just gotten home from a Christmas party, and they were tired. Deciding to unwind with hot chocolate and cuddles, the two were enjoying the early morning hours of Christmas morning.

"What'd you get me for Christmas, Joshie?" Tyler asked softly, watching the clock tick the seconds by as he listened for Josh's words.

"That's a surprise until morning, Ty," Josh snorted. "You'll have to wait."

"It is morning!" Tyler protested. "We could do our gift swap right here, right now. Be quirky and unique."

"I think you're gonna, like... not go to sleep if I give you your present right now," Josh warned him, rubbing his stomach softly.