15

Felix moped into the room. I looked up at him as I stopped my writing. "His Majesty said I can't escort you both today because I talk to much." Felix frowns. I laughed at his sad face as Lily came into the room kissing Felix's cheek which made him all happy again.

"Are you ready, Princess?" Lily asks me as I put my pen in the pen holder. "Yes." I say standing up. Lily walks over to me putting a bonnet on my head and tying it.

"Princess. Since His Majesty won't let me go I'm telling you that he made several flower crowns even worse then the one he gave you because he refused anyone's help and had to teach himself!" Felix pouts. "Felix. Please don't lie to me. I hate when people lie." I tell Felix as I walk past him. That was quite hypocritical for me to say. "It's not!" Felix grabs my shoulder and turns me towards him. "Felix. Let her go." Lily ordered Felix who blushed. "I'm sorry, Princess." Felix apologizes looking at the ground, bashful. "It's okay." I turn back around and began to walk alone to the Garnet Palace. Felix must be really upset about not being able to tag along.

I've really come a long way. I used to be very shy and meek. Always so insecure as to why I've never gained my fathers love. Even after he rejected me I remained the same. I still just wanted Claude to be happy no matter what it meant for me, even after he rejected me. I do even now. Just now, after the trial I have gained some confidence. Knowing that I was able to save all who lived in the Ruby Palace. Everyone that I cared about.

Claude was sitting there drinking tea peacefully. "Hello, Your Majesty." I greet him as I take a seat in the chair opposite of him.

He seemed deep in thought about something. Then he just blinked his cold eyes looking at me. "Athanasia." He says absentmindly to himself. "Do you know what your name means?" Claude asks me. "I wasn't aware it had a meaning to it." I tell him, confused of where this was coming from.

"That wench named you Athanasia before she died. It means immortality." Claude says taking a sip from his tea. Immortality? Aren't those names given to only the official first heirs to the throne? Yes, I'm positive of it. Only the emperor himself gives that name, though. Why did my mother give me such a name?

"What was my mother like?" I utter suddenly and instantly regret it. I said such a careless thought out loud. To have such confidence to name me such a name.

Claude stayed silent as looked down at his tea. "I've long forgotten the likes of a dead person." He mutters quitely.

"Oh." I say stirring my tea with a spoon. "What are you thinking about?" Claude asks looking at me. "May I leave the castle? I've got invitations to things as tea parties, birthdays, and just normal visits. I'd like to accept the invitations." I say quickly looking up at him.

"No." Claude said without hesitation. Ah, of course not. "Okay." I say quietly. What was I expecting in the first place. "Your Majesty, I'm feeling quite tired. May I may be excused?"

Claude sighed grabbing something from underneath his chair. He handed me another flower crown. Ah, he must've made this one also. I smiled slightly as I took the flower crown from him. "Thank you." I grabbed the flower crown from him.

"Tomorrow, lets have tea again." Claude says standing up. "What?" I looked up at him. "As a thank you for the flower crown." Claude says before walking away.

He doesn't perhaps think that everytime he gives me a flower crown I'll have tea with him?

***

Jennette POV

It's such another boring day. Father said he couldn't see me today because he was busy. We haven't been spending much time together as we usual do. I've been spending a lot of time with Athanasia lately. She's rather quite though, I do most of the talking. I should go visit her. I wonder what she is doing now, anyways? Probably nothing like me, so she'll be happy to see me.

I made my way to the Ruby Palace, knocking on the doors. A maid opened the doors. She seemed suprised by my appearance and quickly bowed to me. "Welcome, Your Highness." She greeted me. She seemed quite cold to me. But it was probably just my imagination.

"Is Princess Athanasia here?" I ask her. "She is curr-". A voice behind me interrupted her.
"What are you doing here, Princess Jennette?"

I turned around to see Athanasia walking toward me with a ridiculous flower crown in her hand. The ones she made before were a lot better. Maybe she didn't make the ones before. Now that I think about it, where did she come from?

"I've come to see if you'd like to spend some time together." I smile at her. She kept silent for a minute. "It's quite an honor to have you visit me." She commented, bowing before me.
It was oddly quite nice for to be so respectful of me.

"Ces. Sorry for interrupting you earlier. Can you let Lily know I'll be taking a walk with Princess Jennette." She smiled so kindly to her maid. "Of course, Princess." The mais smiled before closing the doors. She then looked at me. "Shall we go for a walk by the lake?" Athanasia asks me smiling slightly.

"Of course, little sister." I smiled at her before going and wrapping my arms around her arm. We began walking toward the lake as Athanasia fiddle with her flower crown.

"It seems you just back from somewhere just now. Where were you earlier?" I ask, quite curious to know. I've heard the warlock has left for awhile so I don't understand why she'd be at the Magic Tower. "His Majesty invites me for tea this morning." She answered with such a quite, delicate voice.

Athanasia was with father this morning? Why was she with father? Why wasn't I invited? But father said he was busy today! Is he neglecting me for her now?

"Oh." I mumbled. "Did you make that flower crown from his palaces garden?" I ask trying to not show my displeasure.

"No. His Majesty had made it for me." She answered again. Father never made me anything! He would give me whatever I asked for but he never just gave me something! Now he is making flower crowns and giving it to her? What is going on? She is my sister but he never treated her like this before.

"The lake is quite stunning. Don't you think, Princess Jennette?" She smiled looking so peaceful.

Her hair is shimmering so brightly as if it were the sun itself. Her eyes are even twinkling just like the reflection of the light on the lake.

Although I may not have her long shimmering golden hair I did have the same twinkling eyes as her and that's all I needed to become a princess more loved then her. Father is mine and so is she.