Part 7

Note: It's canon divergence, some facts will bedifferent, for example, Jin GuangYao is recognized as Jin GuangShan's son, butthe heir is Jin ZiXuan.

After the delegation of the GusuLan sect left, chaos reigned on Lotus Pier. Thousands of preparations would take place to prepare the quick departure of Wei Wuxian. For most it was a joyous occasion, with the exception of the close family.

Probably, Wei Wuxian was the most shocked. Deep down, he knew it was an invaluable opportunity for someone in his condition. He had heard countless times that it was a great honor to be chosen to be the cultivation partner of the second Jade. But perhaps no one understood that he had hardly crossed words with Lan WangJi, that they were two strangers as different as possible.

Besides, if there was one thing he could be sure of, it was that he would not fit into the GusuLan sect. Cloud Recesses was not the place for a free spirit like him and then what would await him. Of course, once they were married there would be no going back, no sect would allow a union to be dissolved.

If there was something clear is that Wei Wuxian was the fourth best grower of his generation and before formalizing the commitment had been found that his golden core was compatible with that of Lan WangJi. Lan QiRen had proven that he would be a good cultivation partner for one of Cloud Recesses' favorite children.

No sect would approve the separation of a union so blessed by the heavens. Two compatible high-ranking cultivators were what the blessed unions preached.