10

Mark's chest heaves as he struggles to get in a proper breath of air. Tears flood down his face as he drops to his knees in front of Donghyuck's rotting corpse. The memories come crashing over him like violent waves trying to drown him in his own devastation, and they don't cease to persist.

"You should have kept your promise to yourself," Mark hears Donghyuck's soft voice speaks to him from the entrance of the shed, "Come with me, Mark...you can forget this ever happened. You can live in ignorance once more. We can be happy..."

"N-no...you're n-not real," Mark stammers out through hiccuped breaths, refusing to look away from Hyuck's lifeless body.

"I'm real to you," Donghyuck responds.

"I-I can't..."

"Why not?"

"I'll only g-go back t-to wond-dering what h-happened if I f-forget," Mark explains, "I c-can't ke-ep liv-ing like th-this."

"What do you mean?" Donghyuck questions him as Mark reaches for his gun. He checks the chamber and finds one last bullet inside.

"Don't you dare. I'm here to comfort you and bring you peace so you can go on. Don't do this," Donghyuck pleads.

Mark shakes his head slowly, refusing to hear Donghyuck out. His mind was made up, and nothing he could say would stop him.

"I'm s-sorry, baby...I'll be w-with you soon."

-End-