Evan:

Hey are you free tonight?

My fingers trembled over the keys as Emma laughed, throwing her head back.

"That does not sound like nothing! Krissy tell me!"

I sighed in defeat and put my phone down. "Ok, after you ditched me, this guy pulled me outside with him. We drank beer and just got to know each other. I swear that's it."

Emma started squealing and clapping her hands together. "I knew someone would pull you away from that online lover boy of yours!" I just scoffed and picked up my phone again. "What are you gonna say to him?" she asked, leaning in.

"I don't know yet..."

"Oh come on! You have like no life! Tell him you're free!" my fingers trembled as I typed out a reply.

Kriss:

Yeah I think so, why?

Evan:

Sweet! There's a party tonight down the street from Maddie's, I was wondering if you were going

Oh idk, I'm not much of a party person

Oh come on! You can bring that redheaded friend of yours

Mmm I'll think about it

Hey as long as it's not a no, take all the time you'd like 😉

"He's inviting us to a party tonight." I told Emma, and her eyes widened.

"Really? Did you say yes?"

"No, I said I'll think about it." Emma groaned and grabbed my phone back.

"Must I do everything myself?" she said, typing a bit before raising the phone to her ear.

I started panicking, trying to grab the phone from her. She spun to avoid my attacks. "Hello? Is this Evan?" She said into the phone.

"What are you doing?" I whisper yelled.

"Yeah! This is her best friend, Emma!" I creased my eye brows, still trying to grab the phone from her. "I just wanted to call and let you know that Kriss and I will be going to that party tonight!"

"Emma no!" I whispered, tugging at her free arm.

"Yeah! Sounds good!" She said, turning to look at me with a smile on her face. "She really is, isn't she?"

"What are you talking about?" I said, tugging harder at her arm.

"Yep! See you there!" she said, before hanging up the phone. "I like him." She said, nudging my arm.

"What was that? What did he say?" I asked, grabbing Emma's shoulders.

"I just told him we were gonna be at the party and he was excited!" She laughed, "Then he said that you're a stick in the mud and that he's glad I'm pushing you to go."

I swatted her arm and sat back down, putting my fingers to my temple. "I swear Emma, I love you, but you can be the absolute worst sometimes."

She sat down across from me and starred me in the eye. "So... you think you might like him?"

I just scoffed and shook my head. "I don't catch feelings so fast." I said, "And besides, I'm still talking to Cas."

"Why does every conversation come back to him? Kriss, you've never actually met him! Plus, you've been talking for months and have gotten nowhere."

"Hey! We're actually really good friends."

"Mm-hm" she hummed, "I still don't like him."

"Why not?"

"I just feel like he's stringing you along! And he gets mad when you don't reply for a while. I just have a bad feeling about him."

I sighed and pulled my phone out again. I guess she was right, but Cas was the first guy I've ever been close too. He meant a lot to me.

caspsfacts:

Oh, you never told me how the party went

krisspymemelord:

It was good! Emma ditched me right off the bat though and got super drunk

Haha sounds fun! Where did you go after Emma ditched you?

Oh I just hung out with this one guy I met

A guy?

Yeah! He was really nice and we got to know each other for a while

That's nice

Yeah, and Emma's making me go to another party tonight cause he invited me

You're still hanging out with him?

I mean, yeah

We're just friends

Yeah ok

Are you sure you wanna go?

Well not really, but it'll be fun

Emma will be there:)

Ok

Hey are you ok?

Yeah I'm fine I just have to go

Have fun at the party

Oh ok, thanks

"That's weird." I said, tilting my phone so Emma could see. "Cas seams upset for some reason."

"Oh gosh, Kriss look! He's jealous that you're hanging out with another guy!"

"What? Why would he be? He hangs out with girls at parties all the time!"

"Yeah but you don't! And he doesn't like that." She said, giving me a nudge. I just shook it off and started to clear the table. "Kriss, you know what we need to do today?"

"What?" I asked.

"I'm taking you shopping and we are getting you something to wear to the party tonight."

"What? No! I hate shopping! Why can't I just wear some clothes I already have?"

"Cause you have no good party clothes! You're coming and you can't say no."

I eventually agreed and Emma dragged me out of the house. We climbed into her jeep and headed towards the mall. I knew she was gonna try and make me get a stupidly short dress or a crop top or something way out of my comfort zone. To me, a good party outfit is something that you feel comfortable and safe in. Going to a party was already a big step for me, so why did I have to dress a certain way that would make me feel even worse? I knew Emma had good intentions and I really trusted her; I was just afraid of whatever she had in store.

After we had been in a few stores with no success, we decided to take a break and eat a pretzel. Emma and I always called mall pretzels our shopping brain food. We could never find anything cute to wear unless we hand a couple of them in our stomach. As we sat down on a nearby bench to starting eating, a familiar figure started walking towards us. When he was close enough for me to see who it was, my eyes widened.

"Emma, Emma look." I said, patting her thigh, she lowered her pretzel and looked in the direction I was motioning towards.

"Crap." She breathed. And with a little wave, she said "Hi Joseph."