01

[season one, episode two]

--

It had only been a couple of days in New Orleans, but Lily was already growing incredibly tired of it.

Klaus had daggered Elijah after claiming they disagreed on the situation at hand, which obviously upset Lily. Rebekah left Mystic Falls the moment Lily called, knowing Klaus would show no mercy to the young vampire their brother loved so dearly.

Rebekah and Lily had grown closer over the past few months, despite Rebekah's continued attempts to kill Lily's sister. Rebekah was starting to think of Lily as the sister she never had, and Lily was warming up to her, as well. They both knew that they would have to get used to each other at some point, anyways. It was easier to get over their differences sooner than later.

Lily and Hayley, on the other hand, were not getting along as much as Lily had hoped.

Lily felt sympathy towards the werewolf, knowing how terrified she was, and how quickly she was thrown into the Mikaelson home, not knowing much about any of them.

Hayley had given Lily the cold shoulder after they had met, which confused Lily, because she seemed all too happy around Elijah. In fact, she kept going on about how upset she was Elijah had promised to keep her and her child safe, and then "disappeared".

Lily would be lying if she said she wasn't jealous, but she knew she had nothing to worry about.

So, they kept their distance, only speaking to each other when needed.

The minute Rebekah stepped foot inside the house they had been staying at, Lily felt a wave of relief wash over her. She wouldn't have to be alone anymore.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley called out as she walked down the stairs, holding a rod in her hands as she narrowed her eyes at the blonde that had just walked through the door.

"Rebekah, thank God you are here!" Lily exclaimed, rushing over to Rebekah to embrace her in a hug. Rebekah hugged back immediately, smiling slightly at Lily before glancing up at Hayley, who had her eyebrows raised.

"You must be the maid. My bags are in the car, get them, will you?" Rebekah asked, pulling away from Lily to set the car keys down on the table in the entryway. Lily stifled a laugh, knowing Hayley wouldn't take Rebekah's comment well.

"Hello. Not the maid." Hayley replied, shaking her head as she walked down the stairs.

"Right, you're that werewolf girl my brother Klaus knocked up." Rebekah breathed out softly, glancing over at Lily. "I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?" Rebekah asked, remembering what Lily and Elijah had told her a few days before.

"You have your brother's manners." Hayley crossed her arms as she approached Rebekah, now standing in front of the two girls.

"And his temper, too, so watch it." Rebekah warned, starting to develop a dislike for the werewolf. "So, what happened to Elijah that was so horrible I needed to come help?" She asked, turning to face Lily.

"Klaus daggered him." Lily responded, causing both Hayley and Rebekah to frown slightly.

"So he didn't just disappear after making epic promises about protecting me. He was all poetic about how we're family and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire." Hayley sighed out, causing Rebekah to glance down at Lily, who was refraining from rolling her eyes. Rebekah could immediately sense the tension between the two, and now she knew why. Hayley was growing fond of Elijah, and Lily was jealous.