you think about them.

( TOXIC ! )
you think about them!

dick grayson―
→as soon as you came home from your shoots for the upcoming movie, you were greeted with a kiss from wally and him telling you that dick had dropped by wanting to talk to you. it as if a dark cloud had surrounded you for the rest of the week. as much as you didn't want to think about dick, there he was, in the corner of your mind. with that stupid smirk on his face. ugh, you hated how he wanted to see you. you hated how after all this time, now, he thought that it was ideal for him to speak with you. you especially hated how he suddenly came to the conclusion that going on a mission with kori was a mistake. but you could never hate him.

→the very thought of hating dick had never crossed your mind, regardless of your rights to do so. and yet, here you were, dating wally west out of all people who would never go off with an alien princess...and you thought about him. how could you be so stupid? why were you think about him? everything about him just started to flood back ever since wally told you he dropped by and there was that thought you wished he never brought up dick's arrival. because you knew it would lead to this. and you didn't want that to happen.

→you finally had a boyfriend that loved you for you. not like dick who never managed to look beyond your completion, that's right, you were able to spot that out at the premiere. wally was different, as in, he cared about you being happy and made sure that you mattered more than your looks. he was sweet, kind and caring (not to mention a whole level of funny) so why was it that every single time he did something, all you could think about was dick? that fucking bastard sure knew how to get inside your head. maybe too well.

→it was hard for you to sleep, tossing and turning but never finding a comfortable place to rest your head. your desperation to go to sleep even managed to wake wally up...and he's a heavy sleeper. "y/n, are you okay?" wally asked groggily as he turned his gaze over towards you. "can you hold me in your arms, please?" you asked as you looked back at him. "of course, babe." but as you placed your head on his chest, feeling wally's arms hold you close, a thought crossed your mind for a split second. dick would have handled this differently.

jason todd―
it wasn't like you hadn't thought jason after you shot him when he beat up your boyfriend. no, he deserved that. your first album had built you a musical empire, where people would love listening to songs about your experience with heartbreak and moving on from your previous relationship. it was totally relatable and not to mention your lyrics had the same vibe that would be great for an instagram caption. but now that you were planning on writing your next album. let's just say that roy harper wasn't exactly an ideal person to write music off of. no really, he wasn't.

you had spent two weeks trying to incorporate your relationship with roy into your songs. let's just say, there was no vibe. everything about your relationship with roy may have been wonderful in real life, but in lyrics, it was fucking annoying. it lacked the spark in your last album and as much as you knew that roy harper was a wonderful guy, the world wasn't there for him. they were there for the music. and the way you rose to fame was with jason. jason. regardless of his actions in the present, there were some sweet actions in the past. and with you in a rush to get your album together. jason todd was still your inspiration for your next album.

everything was about him. you thought back to the wonderful times you two had together, the simpler times, the happier times. and with that, you had enough songs to release your next album, all in all, while having to lie to roy saying that this was about you two. you couldn't break the guy's heart, not while you were slowly starting to realize that maybe he wasn't your muse after all. you never believed in the idea of having a muse, but once you started writing your own songs, the idea of a muse started to make sense. if roy wasn't your sense of inspiration and jason was ―who exactly did your heart long for?