S E V E N

It was one of those rare times that Niall, Liam and Zayn arrived at the cafeteria before Louis and Harry. There were only two reasons why that happened, either Louis didn't want to get out of bed or Louis didn't want to get out of the shower. Either way, Niall felt accomplished because he arrived before Harry did. It were little like this that Niall loved shoving in Harry's face. However, it's never that much of a victory because Harry's a good sport and Niall doesn't like it. He should, but he doesn't. 

Another ten minutes passed and neither Harry nor Louis walked in yet. That's when Niall began to worry because Harry was never this late. For a split second Niall considered texting Harry but shut that thought down when he remembered how rarely Harry ever uses his phone during camp or during life, really.  

Niall was ready to get up and search for them when he saw the two of them enter through the double doors. Niall relaxed and let out a sigh of relief, finally able to eat his breakfast in peace. Since they arrived a bit late, the line to get food wasn't long and they sat down quickly. However, when Harry sat down he barely smiled and seemed tense. When Niall turned to look at Louis, he saw that he was just as tense and seemed very awkward. They both seemed very awkward. Niall then turned to look at Liam and Zayn who also seemed to pick up as to how the two of them were acting.

Niall nudged his foot into Harry's, but got no response. He did it again, and again, and again until Harry finally looked up. Ignoring how annoyed Harry looked, Niall mouthed, "What's wrong?" In response, Harry bit his lip and glanced at Louis before shaking his head and looking back down. Niall turned to Louis who was looking at Harry with sad eyes.

Even though Niall didn't know exactly why his best friend was sad, he knew it was because of Louis. Therefore, Niall glared ice cold, daggers at Louis. When Louis realized he was glaring, he looked down, seeming more upset but Niall didn't care. He hurt his best friend and he wasn't going to get away with that.

Louis suddenly stood from where he was eating and threw his food away before walking out the building. It didn't take long for Zayn to get up as well and follow him out. Once they were out of sight, Niall spoke.

"Harry, what's wrong?" Harry just shook his head.

"Harry, please talk to us," Liam spoke this time. In response, Harry put his hand over his mouth as he began to cry. Niall and Liam shot up from their seats and quickly sat down at each of Harry's sides. Niall wrapped his arm around Harry's shoulders and tucked him into his side while Liam rubbed soothing circles into Harry's thigh.

"Harry, talk to us," Niall begged.

"What happened?" Liam asked. Harry sniffled and wiped his eyes before he began to sit up.

He smiled a fake, watery smile, "It's fine guys. I'm fine. I was just overreacting. It's—everything's fine," After one more sniff, Harry got up and quickly walked away.

Niall turned to Liam, looking completely distraught. Liam sent him a sympathetic smile and gave Niall a side hug, letting him stay cuddled into his side as a few stray tears fell from his eyes. Niall let Liam comfort him while he fretted over his best friend's well-being.

On the other side of the campsite, in the woods, Louis was currently sitting on the boulder he and Zayn had found almost two weeks ago. He was sat on his bottom with his arms resting on his knees. Zayn was sitting beside him and the two were just staring into the woods. Neither of them said a word and just sat in silence. Zayn wasn't going to speak because if Louis didn't want to speak, then they weren't going to speak. But, if Louis wanted to talk, Zayn was ready to. 

Zayn turned his head when he heard Louis sigh, "I hate camp."

"Why?"

"'Cause it sucks."

"Okay," Zayn nodded his head before turning away. They sat in silence for a bit longer. Zayn wondered if Louis was going to speak again or if he just ruined his chance at getting Louis to talk.

"Y'know Zayn, camp would have been a whole lot better if I hadn't met Harry," Louis began to talk again, "He's just a stupid dork and he really needs to like—I don't like him."

"Why not?" Zayn asked, turning towards Louis slightly. Zayn saw Louis bite his lip and look down. Neither of them said a word after that. Zayn doesn't know how long they stayed there, but it was long enough that they ended up taking a nap and when they woke up, it was because an announcement was being made. It was something about lunch, but Zayn didn't really care. 

When he turned towards Louis, Zayn saw that Louis had jumped down from the boulder and was looking up at him expectantly. Zayn jumped off too and they began to walk to their cabins. When Louis made a U-turn into his cabin, Zayn continued to walk to his. When he walked in, he was genuinely surprised to see Niall and Liam there. He would have expected them to be at their assigned activity. 

The three of them looked at each other before they all looked away. Zayn walked over to his bed and sat down on it before taking out his phone. Not a single word was spoken as the three boys fretted over the well being of their best friends.