Six

Harry's PoV

As I carried my little bundle of joy up the stairs I was thinking about how different crystal seems. I heard her in the early hours of this morning saying to herself 'It's just a dream, I've just got to wake myself up' that's never happened before and I'm pretty sure I felt her trying to escape my grasp as well which is something she's never done before not even the first time we slept together.

I made it into Esme's room and sat down on the chair next to her crib because she won't sleep straight away when you put her in her crib. I sat with her in my arms and reflected over Crystals odd behaviour. She didn't know why she was in pain, she didn't know how to use the breast pump that she's used a couple of times and every time I used one of my nicknames for her she didn't smile like she used to. She was definitely not herself and in the whole 5 years of knowing her, she's never acted like this.

"Is mummy off to you Esme?" I asked receiving no reply from her because she's a small baby the only response I got was that her small eyes fluttered when I said her name.

I told Liam and Maya about it and they definitely agreed that crystal has never acted like this before.

Something else is that when Crystal woke up this morning she asked me if she'd hit her head yesterday but we'd spent all day in bed watching Netflix with Esme and Crystal only left the bed to go to the toilet but even when she did I was the one who carried her and helped her and her head never hit anything. It was also quite odd how Lily just showed up out of nowhere and told me I needed to leave so they could talk privately. Lily obviously knew something I didn't.

I broke out of my train of thought when I saw Gemma stood in the doorway looking at me and Esme.

"I've got to give it to you bro, you made one gorgeous baby, I'm jealous." She laughed as she wandered over to me.

"I'm sure you and Michal will have a gorgeous baby too. Us Styles' have the best genes." I joked earning a smile from Gemma.

Gemma had a quick hold of Esme and then I put her in her crib making sure she was comfortable. "Have a nice nap Esme. Dada will see you in a few hours. Love you." I said as I kissed her small head and then left the room to find my wife.

-

"Harry I didn't realise you have this here," Mum said as she turned the picture frame in her hands to face me. It was a picture of me, mum and Gemma from mums wedding day.

"Of course I do mum it was the sixth happiest day of my life

"Of course I do mum it was the sixth happiest day of my life. That's after; the day I met Crisy, the day I proposed to Crisy, the day I married Crisy, the day Crisy told me she was pregnant the first time, the day Esme was born and the day Crisy told me she was pregnant the second time." I said as I looked at Crystal adoringly expecting the same look from her but she had a wide smile similar to mine but her eyes told a different story. Her eyes showed that she was lost, like she didn't understand anything about anything. It was worrying me. She'd barely spoken to mum and if she did her questions weren't detailed it was just small talk like it was the first time she'd ever met my mum when I'm reality mum and Crisy were so close she'd even admitted to me after Christmas last year that my mum was like her mum too, that she felt a motherly bond with my mum and it warmed my heart but it all seemed to be gone now.