Chapter XXXIII

3rd person's perspective

Everyone went and asked the two about their relationship when Senku said the word.

But (Y/n) and Gen defended him and said he needs space. The female was more gentle than the other one though, with his play on words.

===========================

Now, on to the twenty-sixth of December.

Everything was covered in snow. Chrome and the others were at the shed, discussing and working. 

"Oh damn!" Chrome exclaimed over to Senku and (Y/n). "I have the most awesome idea! We can go deep in the caves, farther than we could with torches!" 

"Right, with batteries and lightbulbs, we could go ten billion times deeper." Senku replied.

"Now that you mention it, with iron and lightbulbs, we can level up your mining equipment." (Y/n) said.

"I bet there are tons of rocks deep in the caves!" Chrome exclaimed.

"Like diamond or some sort!" (Y/n) exclaimed, following Chrome's idea with sparks in her eyes.

"Yeah!" He exclaimed, liking the idea of this. "Let's go science spelunkers!" Chrome turned his head towards Senku. "We're going to find some awesome mineral resources!"

"Yo, Senku!" He called. "You may be way ahead of me in science, but when it comes to exploring, I'm ten billions of times better than you!"

"I'm sure you've had years of it." Senku replied with an uninterested expression, picking his ear with his pinky.

"What do you want?" He asked. "Captain Chrome will get it for you!" He exclaimed. "There's gotta be stuff on the cellphone roadmap that we don't have, right?"

"Oh, materials we're missing?" He muttered, thrilling Chrome up. "Nothing." He said with a goofy expression.

"There's nothing?!" Chrome exclaimed.

"We technically have everything we need." (Y/n) sighed, sulking that she can't go mining with Chrome.

"Thanks to our hard work in our past missions." Senku continued her sentence.

"Then is there a reason to go exploring now, when we're short on labor?" Kohaku asked, crossing her arms.

"I bet he just wants to go exploring, now that he has some new gear." Ginro whispered in Kohaku's ear, looking at Chrome weirdly.

Chrome gulped.

Senku just chuckled, holding a basket full of empty bottles. "Well, it would be nice to have a ton of copper." Senku said, making Chrome and (Y/n)'s eyes lit up in excitement. "There's no telling how much we're going to use during our next brutal crafting session."

"That's it!" Chrome exclaimed. "I got this!"

"I'm coming with you!" (Y/n) exclaimed, running off with Chrome.

"Alright!" He replied. When they were about to go farther, Senku stopped the two.

"Hold it." He said. "Chrome, make sure she doesn't run off somewhere." 

"Ehh?"

"You have my word professor!" Chrome said before taking off, dragging (Y/n) along with him.

"Come home soon you two." He said, putting his hands on his hips. "At least by New Year's next week."

===========================

"Chrome!" (Y/n) exclaimed, running off in front of him excitedly. "There's a lot over here!" She crouched down, looking at it.