Chapter XXV

3rd person's perspective

The two competitors of the first round were getting ready for battle.

"But, hey." Ginro muttered, his voice still muffled by the leaves he's been eating. "I just need you to make it to the final match, right?"

As soon as he finished his sentence, a smol dude was running towards them yelling; "This is bad!" He exclaimed, stopping in front of the science team. "Suika-Chan fell into the river trying to pick herbs! She's drowning!" He made a gesture, looking at Kohaku. "You're the quickest, Kohaku-Chan, so you'd better go help her before she dies!"

Senku made a face. "You're ten billion percent lying, obviously." He said.

Chrome made the same face.

The man flinched. "I-I'm not lying." He said. "I just happen to pass by her at the river when I saw her."

The three scientists went over to him and stomped on him, making him fall on the ground. The bridge was swinging up and down.

"How do you know she was there to pick herbs if you just 'happen' to see her at the river?" Chrome smirked, still stomping the poor dude.

"Come back in ten billion years if you want to have a brain battle with the science team, you blatant idiot." Senku said with a smug look on his face.

"How would we know if you just saw her. It could be possible that you pushed her in the river." (Y/n) said, with a sadistic glare in her eyes, still stomping on him.

Kohaku tapped the two modern scientists' shoulders, making them look at her. "I know he's lying." She started, having a worried look. "But if there's even the slightest chance that he's not, I'd be letting Suika die." She finished.

"Kohaku," Senku called. "You're our last stand against Magma." He said, looking at her in a certain expression. "If you bail now---"

"Kohaku . . ." The female called, catching everyone's attention. "Go." She muttered, looking down at the male who was still lying on the bridge. "I'm worried, too. What if she really did." Her voice was quivering in worry.

All of them were surprised.

"But be back before your match, okay?" She exclaimed, looking up at the blonde female, holding both of her hands. 

They all looked at the smiling male lying on the ground. 

Kohaku glared at him. "You're a despicable man, Mantle." She sneered and went on her way to retrieve Suika.

"N-no way!" Ginro exclaimed.

===============================

"Round one!" The announcer exclaimed. "Kinro! Magma! Forward!"

(Y/n) was pacing back and forth in front of the bridge's entrance, getting anxious about what happened. Was her voice that time uncalled for? Did she mess up their objective? Was letting Kohaku go a big mistake? What if Suika really did drown?

She stopped pacing, biting her tongue in the process. "Ow!" She muttered, biting her thumb.

Senku looked at her with a worried expression, observing her closely, thinking about her illness. 'Odd . . .' He thought. 'I made her the mint and honey to cure both her fever and her mild cough. But why isn't it going away?' He clicked his tongue.

"I something wrong, Senku?" (Y/n) asked, stopping her actions, looking at him. "You've been staring." She walked towards him, looking at him with a curious stare.

"It's nothing." He shrugged.

Magma laughed, walking towards the center with Kinro on the opposite side. "Now that Kohaku's gone, there's no one who can defeat me." He exclaimed, stopping in front of Kinro. "I, Magma-Sama, will be the next village chief and Ruri's husband." He stopped for a moment. "Kinro!" He called. "If you surrender now, I'll make you my right-hand man. I don't dislike strong men." He stepped his foot forward, smirking. "Lick my shoes in front of everyone, here and now! I'll take that as your pledge." He laughed.