Chapter 14 F.U.N Or At Least I Hope

Chapter 14 F.U.N or At Least I Hope

Derek didn't question. Anyone else would have but, Derek didn't. You see Derek and I have a special relationship with one another. We have a certain amount of trust in one another that many people spend years trying to form and we have to be that way. Every day we risk our lives for the sake of others, I've stood face to face with death, we all have at some point but if none of us had trust in one another there's no way any of us would've made it out alive. Trust is something that would be in C.2.R's acronym if it wasn't so hard. People spend years, sometimes their whole lives trying to build trust in people and things and beliefs. It doesn't come easy, if at all we were just lucky enough to find it and build it quickly within each other.

"Let's go we don't have much time before we have to load up," Skylar said breaking everyone from their daze and we all jogged out the door.

"Remember keep your mini ears in," I said referring to our ear pieces that we wore whenever on a job. Avery came up with the name when watching us put them in once. We all found it quite funny at the time and the name just kind of stuck. "Anything could go wrong. Good luck," I finished and everyone bid their good lucks and goodbyes.

Once we explained to our teams what the situation was and they all came up with plans to resolve the issue we loaded up in our vans. It took place at a warehouse that was uncanny, dim, and all in all just a little eerie. We all hopped out and jogged into the building soaking in all the surroundings. I entered first Xavier, Derek, Daniel, Josh and Sky not far behind. I stood twisting my head till I found what I was looking for. "Split up," I said to my friends who stood behind me and they nodded taking their teams with them heading into different directions.

"This way," I nodded and my team followed quietly. That's when I heard it. The first gun shot, the loud noise piercing my ears. "Go," I said to my team as I made eye contact with the person who shot. I immediately ripped my eyes away following my team. "We need to find the rest of them," I shouted as we climbed up a ladder that lead to who knows where.

"Uh... I think I found em," Emma, a girl I had chosen for my team said pointing a shaky finger at a group of dark shadows heading towards us. I peered from behind the wall to see she was correct before quickly turning to speak with my team.

I turned towards Mason, another person I chose for my team. "Take Becca and Mat I got Emma and Ryan. The rest of you shot and try to find the vault," I said before we all split up.

"Um, what am I supposed to do?" Emma asked her fear more visible than the enemies in front of us.

"Kill them before they kill you," I said smirking and her eyes grew wide.

"Chill Em you got his," Ryan said rubbing her arm. She visual calmed, a look of determination taking over what used to be a look of fear.

"Ready?" I said impatiently we need to get this show on the road there not very far from us and I would like if I was the first to shoot not get shot. They both nodded in agreement. I reached into my belt that was tied snug around my waist and pulled out Lucy, my lucky gun with yet another name given by Avery. Giving them one last glance I sharply turned around the corner, gun pointed outwards. No one was there.

Or at least I thought. Not letting my guard down I began to search the area looking for any signs of danger. Scanning, scanning, and then I saw it. Sitting behind a large empty crate I could see the slim fabric of someone's jacket. Knowing that no one from C.2.R would ever make such a carless mistake I continued to venture to the area. Peering over the crate I saw a man, big and buff with a shoulder cap tattoo, and black beanie and sure enough he was wearing a bubble, black vest. Before he could turn to look up at me I crouched down behind the other side of the crate. I looked for Ryan and Emma who were also crouched behind crates. I motioned to Ryan to take the left while I took right.