limitless || k. bakugou

Depuis le début

throughout this entire conversation, you were shaking violently. you felt your phone stop vibrating and for a split second you panicked, thinking that the call was canceled. suddenly you heard katsuki's voice through the phone.

"what the fuck is going on? you start sharing your location, and then you don't respond to my texts? is this some kind of sick joke? what are you doing so far away from your home, anyway--"

he was cut off by the men in front of you continuing. "'course. you think we're gonna let this beauty go without havin' our turn with 'er?

you heard katsuki curse loudly before telling you to stay on the phone and to not hang up. even though he couldn't see you, you still nodded slightly.

all three of them smirked and stepped closer, a lustful glint in their eyes. you quickly pulled up a force field that protected you from them, crossing your arms and hiding your face into them. you could feel them kick and use their quirks against it, and knew you wouldn't be able to last long like this.

you felt the cracks beginning to form on the bubble surrounding you as your arms began to ache. they continued to kick and slash at it, one of the men used a knife quirk, transforming his hands into sharp blades as he cut into the force field protecting you. you flinched every time the sharp blades crashed against the force field, cracking it even more. just when you thought about all the horrible things they would do to you, you heard loud explosions and your tears went from fear to pure relief. You could recognize those explosions from anywhere.

katsuki was here.

katsuki was here.

loud sobs escaped your throat as you curled into an even tighter ball, using what little strength you had left to keep the barrier up around you. After a few moments the sounds of fighting started to calm down, and you slowly lifted your head as you heard footsteps speed walking toward you. making eye contact with the explosive blond, you burst into another round of tears.

he knelt down in front of you as you released your hold on the (f/c) force field, allowing you to throw yourself into his arms. you sobbed into his shirt as he uncomfortably wrapped his arms around you. hugging people wasn't his forte. hugging crying people certainly wasn't his forte, either.

after taking a second to calm down his racing heart (which was simply beating so hard out of adrenaline, not because he was holding his crush and was scared shitless thinking about all of the "what if's" and "i should have's" that were beating their way into his skull) he held onto you and shifted so his back was against the alley wall with you on his lap. he hesitantly stroked your hair as you cried, not knowing how to comfort someone. not knowing how to comfort you.

slowly your sobs turned into hiccups, which turned into uneven breathing. once katsuki decided that you were calm enough to answer some of his questions and soothe his concerns. "are you alright?"

you nodded slowly, pulling away as you sniffed slightly. when you saw the tears that soaked into his shirt you swore. "fuck, i'm so sorry i didn't--i don't know why i texted you. i should have called someone else. i should have called the police. god, i'm so sorry for getting you dragged into this. i wish i could--"

"i wish i could have been here faster." katsuki cut you off, causing you to glance up at him. his ruby eyes were filled with a fire that was all-too familiar, but also so different from before. he was using the same tone and look he would always use when claiming to become the next number one hero, but it was softer. instead of pride there was concern. worry. "i wish i had understood what your text had meant sooner. i wish i could have been faster. i wish i could have prevented all of it."