Chapter 28 - Exultia

Start from the beginning

Lena looked scared at what I said. I realised that I'd just terrified her about it, saying that she was the target for the gods.

"Look, I know that it could be difficult because she will try to do whatever she can to get you to come to her, but you must ever do so. No matter what happens, you must stay in this realm. The world depends on it."

Lena really looked terrified now. She'd only just realised how much she was wanted for bad reasons, and what would happen if she got caught. Tears started forming under her eyes.

"Hey Lena, it's going to be ok. All you need to do is stay safe while I'm gone. I won't be gone for long, I promise."

She looked up at me and smiled. She wiped the tears from her eyes and continued eating her breakfast.

"So (y/n)," I turned to see Angela facing me. "Where are you going, you didn't tell me yesterday."

"I'm going to pay an old friend a visit. He knows the truth about what's happening. If what I think is true is, then the Khan Maykr is trying to resurrect the icon of sin, a titan which will bring about the end of our realm just by existing."

"Oh, so it's pretty important."

"That's one way to out it."

Me and Lena quickly finished our meals and went back to our room. We walked in and shut the door behind us.

"So when are you leaving?" Lena said to me.

"I don't know. The sooner I go the sooner I'm back. If you wanna stay with Angela while I'm gone if you don't feel comfortable staying on your own then do so. Just, stay away from Jack. I think the Khan Maykr's taken control of him, but I don't think he knows that we're back yet."

"Ok." She replied. We walked into the bedroom together. I started putting my suit on as she laid down on the bed. I didn't put my helmet on yet, since I had no need to. I packed my weapons as well, since I think I'd probably need them, seeing how Valen is self-exiled in hell.

"Vega, anything new in my base which I need?"

"No. There is nothing new for you in your base."

"Ok then."

I looked down at Lena who had sat up. "So are you going now?" She asked.

"I think I am. Remember to stay safe, ok?"

"Ok (y/n)." She stood up and kissed me. "Make sure you stay safe."

I smiled at her as Vega opened the portal. I stepped through, waving goodbye to her as I did.

Once I was in my base, I didn't mess around. I went straight to the portal and set the location to Exultia. I pushed the skull down and the runway opened for me. As the blue portal started flashing open, I ran at it and jumped through.

I landed on a broken bridge that was once the main way into Exultia. There was quite a gap between me and the city, but nothing I couldn't jump. I took a few steps back and took a run up. I lept across the gap and landed on the other side.

There were a few demons waiting for me, but they were nothing.

King Novik's chamber wasn't too far from me, just a couple rooms across. Getting to it wasn't that hard either, since there were not many demons at all.

As I stepped into his chamber, the blue flames on the pillars lit up one by one. They went around the room, eventually lighting the one behind the thrown, revealing King Novik.

"Why are you here." He said in is whispy voice.

"I have come to Visit Valen, the betrayer to our people." I replied.