preface

I know someday you'll have a beautiful life, 
I know you'll be a sun in somebody else's sky, 
But why? Why? 
Why can't it be mine?

***********

The temperature had dropped drastically in two days, the sky exploded into a carnival of white confetti that instantly blanked the delhi city and the heavy winter winds blew away rustling off the leaves from the tall old-age trees and shrinking the bright sunny days. She eyed the leaves on the grassy ground "I'm just like you" she pondered. 

In past year so many things happened changing her life drastically. She had never think of it. But now when it's happening. All she could do was just to sit back and feel numb. She didn't want to fight neither there was tears left to cry. 

She clutched the papers tight in her hand and walked up to his study. Inhaling deep she knocked and waited patiently. Slowly the door opened, a warm and familiar scent greeted her. The room was casted by massive designated ceiling, along with the dark wide wooden book shelves on both side each. The sunlight cracked in through the royal white curtain from the colossal window behind him. The dim light of the lamp and the slight jazz lights from the corner of the room was enough for her to notice that he was oblivious to her, as she walked in. Her eyes capturing every little details of him. "Perhaps, it is my last time to see him." she pondered, distraught. 

Adhiraj singhaniya raised his tired eyes from the documents laid on the black mahogany table in front of him and gazed at the women dressed in a woolen long coat standing few feet away from him. 

"I hurt her enough. But not now. She deserves to be loved." he silently wondered. 

"I have something to confess." said adhiraj, hesitant. Dhara nodded curtly and took a seat slowly. 

"So do I." said dhara. Her voice was cold and straight.

But the worst thing Adhiraj realized was, from the time she came in. She wasn't looking at him. Her eyes were locked on their wedding photo. Which he kept it on the table facing the entrance. So that anyone who will come they can see it. 

Adhiraj cleared his throat and added, "I have been wrong. I broke your trust and betrayed..." his words was soon paused. When Dhara interrupted not intended to listen to his sweet lies again. 

"It wasn't your fault. I was to be blame," Dhara looked straight in his eyes. Her eyes were dried. 

"For goodness, Dhara It was not you and you will never be. Don't blame yourself please..." He pleaded.

He knew what she meant by those words. He did a worst with her. When she was mending his broken parts. He knew when time will come. He will loose her. But he never expected that It will come this soon. 

"Will you bring my baba back. If I forgive you?" she asked. Her emotions were helpless. Her words cut deeper then he thought and he felt sudden guilt. 

"Dhara, you knew it was all," he was cut short by her. 

"All I'm asking is to end all this things here only. Let's not be the reason for hurting each other." She ended. 

Adhiraj opened his mouth to say, but he remained silent.

"Let's not see each other again. Have a nice life ahead. Give her all your love." she rose on her feet ready to leave. 

She slide the papers on the table to him, "I have already sign the papers. After your sign the process will begin. The sooner the better..." she turned on her heels. Adhiraj slumped on the chair, feeling his heart crushing. 

Dhara exhale the breath, which she didn't knew she was holding. Her steps faltered as her vision blurred out. She never in her life thought she could do something against her heart. More tears where threatening to still down her face as she remembered the words on the paper "DIVORCE." 

"He never cared about my emotion and he will never." she thought. 

Adhiraj clutched the paper in his hand, his heart was breaking and his whole body felt excruciating pain. A pain that could only be felt after a heartbreak. He looked at a sign on the paper. "I never cared about what she was going through."

He stared at their picture. Their first smile shared together was locked precious in a magical frame. And with only thought in his mind he ran through the deserted corridor to her.

"I just can't let her go. She fixed my heart and made me the person I am today. I need her." he thought. 

But before, he reached to the door. She was gone. He lost her. Perhaps for forever?

******

Hello guys hope you're all doing well and are safe.