26

A couple of months had passed and I had been spending a lot more time at Niall's house. In fact, at this point, I practically lived there...without officially living there. Niall seemed satisfied with the amount of time I was currently staying with him and it seemed like he didn't feel the need to bring up the conversation again. The last couple of days I had been hoping we could discuss it again because I was feeling more open to it now.

It was currently a Saturday afternoon and I had stopped by my apartment to get a few things before agreeing to meet up with Liz for coffee. We had started talking a little more consistently a few weeks ago. We've been meeting up for coffee or dinner occasionally, the first few times with Stacy as a buffer. Things had gotten more relaxed as time went on and little by little I felt myself starting to feel comfortable around her. Although, I wasn't sure I would ever fully let my guard down around her again. Only time would tell, I suppose.

"So how are things with Niall?" She asked, sipping on her latte.

"Going really well." I smiled.

"Does he still want you to move in?" She smirked.

"I would assume, but we haven't really talked about it lately." I shrugged.

I was still fairly reserved about what I was willing to tell Liz. Although I would talk about what was going on in my life, I didn't give near as many details as I used to.

"Are you two doing anything exciting tonight?" She questioned.

"Not really. We both had errands to run most of the day. I'll just head back to his place when I leave here. I'm assuming we will probably just order in. Watch a movie, maybe." I said nonchalantly.

"That still sounds nice." She smiled.

"What about you? Going to a party?" I asked curiously.

"I actually haven't been out partying in weeks." Liz stated.

"Really?" I asked, surprised. "Why not?"

"I guess it's just not my thing anymore. I, um...I've started seeing someone too." She said awkwardly.

"Really? Tell me about him!" I said, smiling at her.

"Well, I've known him for a while. We were friends before. He's really nice to me, Jules. It's been a long time since any guy has treated me like that."

"What's his name?" I asked, sipping on my coffee.

"It's...Harry, actually." She said, looking nervous and uncomfortable.

I froze, my eyebrows shot up in surprise. "Like...his name is Harry just like our friend's name is Harry or we are talking about THE Harry Styles here?"

"The latter..." She muttered.

"That's great, Liz! I'm happy for you." I grinned.

"You are?" She questioned, looking confused.

"Well, yeah! Why wouldn't I be?"

"I just...thought you would be mad or upset." She mumbled.

My eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "Why would I be mad?"

"I don't know, everything that happened in the past, I guess." She shrugged.

"Actually, I think you two are really suited for each other. I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner, to be honest." I chuckled.

She was looking at me dumbfounded as if she couldn't believe what I was saying, until a grin took over her face.

"I'm happy for you, Liz. I think this is good for you guys." I smiled.