Chapter 13- Le Grand Guignol/ Farewell to Storyville

Start from the beginning

"As for Kol's magic, if you want to learn, I can teach you Nik, because I told all of them that my heart already belongs to you and I don't intend on changing that. I love you, Nik, and it broke my heart, seeing you with Tatia. You may think you have nothing to offer but when I am around you, I feel as if I can hear better, see clearer and when you touch me I feel as if my body is on fire. I don't feel that way with anyone else but you."

He looks at her in disbelief, unable to process how someone as beautiful and regal as her could ever choose someone like him, but to prove him wrong, she pushes him back against the tree across from the one he had Tatia pushed against and molds her lips to his. She kisses him with so much passion that his hands develop a mind of their own. They run through her hair and down her arms and her hands tangle in his hair and move down his neck until they reach under the collar of his shirt. They pull away, out of breath, as Rebekah clears her throat.

"Well I am glad you have made up but Father has arrived home and he will come looking for you and we all know he won't be happy to find that you were with Jessica."

The aforementioned smiles. "Yes, your father does loathe me," she laughs and the siblings join her.

Klaus is pulled from the memory as the blade is removed from his chest and he opens his eyes to see Vivianne in the room with Elijah. His brother leaves and Vivianne takes a seat on the bed. He can see the disdain in her eyes as she looks at him. "You killed my best friend," she whispers. "Jessica and Meredith are all that I have and you killed Jessica and you know the worse thing?" He shakes his head, not wanting her to continue because thinking about Jessica is too hard. She scoffs and continues. "The last memory she saw, the last thing she thought about before she died, was about you, about how she loved you, knowing that it was your fault that she was dying."

"I'm... sorry," he wheezed out and she snorts mirthlessly.

"Sure you are. Elijah wants me in here to try and convince you not to kill Rebekah but I don't really care anymore. As far as I'm concerned, you all signed her death sentence the moment you entered her life." She throws two blood bags onto the bed. "Drink up and kill your sister. I can't wait to watch the guilt eat you alive. You might feel more guilt for her than Jessica." He drains a blood bag quickly before facing Vivianne with a hurt look.

"You think that I don't feel the guilt every second I'm awake for what I've done to her? I killed the only girl I've ever loved, I will never be able to get over that. For the first time in my life, I truly wondered if I was truly Mikael's son because I didn't even think before I fed her my blood and snapped her neck. For once, I was the monster that Mikael told me that I was." He looks down so she doesn't see his tears before grabbing the next blood bag and draining it as well.

Meanwhile, Marcel paces the attic of the church, waiting for Davina to wake up with Camille by his side. "You need to calm down," she tells him. "When she wakes up, she'll already be anxious, she doesn't need to add your anxiety as well," she chastises but Marcel isn't listening.

"When I first met Jessica, she was 16 but you would've thought she was hundreds of years old. From the moment I met her, she proved that she didn't need me to protect her, and somewhere during this war, I forgot that I was supposed to take care of her," he mutters, talking to himself. "She was always so strong and full of light. Even when she was angry, she could make someone feel happy, she said that she was just good at compartmentalization," he laughs lightly before facing Cami with a serious expression. "I failed Jessica, she's dead and that's on me. I can't fail Davina too."

As soon as the words leave his mouth, Davina gasps awake and Marcel rushes in. "Marcel," she whispers, and tears fill her eyes. "Where's Jessica, I need to see Jessica." Marcel shares a look with Cami, who steps into the room.