Bad Circle - Part 1

"You know I'm more than capable mother." I said pouting at my parents.  

"I don't care how able you are." Mother replied.  

"You are still a child." My father continued.  

"I'm almost seventeen!" I argued, "I should have started when I was fifteen! How do you expect me to learn now? I'll never be able to fully understand defense!"  

My parents exchanged looking and sighed. YES! I had them. "If you fail this..." My father began.  

"I won't. I'm the best in my rank father." I said quickly. Not wanting to know the consequences.  

My mother nodded sharply and moved from blocking the door. My father stared at me, memorizing my face. I stood proud and slung my pack more securely on my shoulder. Eric was waiting for me outside the door. He smiled at me and held my hand up.  

"Am I ever going to see them again?" I whispered when I knew we were far enough away.  

"One day." Eric said in a quiet voice also. He was my husband. My brand new husband. We walked up to a door. It was like the other doors here in the Guard. The only difference is it lend out to the real world. Not our sheltered safe world. But a one were monsters and beasts ran free.  

I took a deep breath and kissed Eric on either cheek like normal. But Eric wanted more. He held my face and pressed his lips to mine in a hungry manner. I kissed back just as hungry. I never got enough of him. He was comfortable and warm.  

He pulled back, his eyes burning into mine but not reaching my soul. It never did. I never understood why until I stepped through that door that day.  

Eric pushed the door open and I walked through. I was to meet my partner that day. I looked back at Eric before the door closed and saw tears in his eyes. I was about to reach for him and comfort him but the door was gone. And so was Eric.  

I looked around my new surroundings barely recognize the sites before me.  

Toronto, Canada had just snowed. Leaving a white blanket on the earth. I sighed and looked around again, twirling in the snow.  

"Hey!" I heard a male voice call. I whipped around to find a young man. One of my kind, stepping out of a door like my own. I saw Eric behind in the doorway and began to walk towards them. My heart ached and screamed towards him. But as the door closed the aching did not stop like it had before. I stared confused at the man in front of me. He had blue frosty eyes and white blond hair.  

"My names Jack. What's yours?" He said holding his hand out.  

I jerked from off the couch and fell on top of a sleep Jack on the floor.  

"What the..?!" I said confused by my surrounds. Where was Toronto?  

"Ooo... Can't get enough of me can you?" Jack asked putting his hands behind his head. I sat up on him, my legging on either side of his stomach.  

"Yea. In your dreams." I said curtly.  

"If only they were real." He said sighing. I rolled my eyes at him. "Is this a dream by the way?" He said placing his hands on my thighs.  

I looked at him flatly. "No." And crossed my arms.  

I hadn't realized how intimate this position was until he pushed himself up, forcing me in between his legs with mine over his. I blushed madly and tried to get up, but it was difficult. I gave up frowning at him.  

"Now now. It's not my fault you can't keep off of me." Jack said smirking.  

"Stupid." I said and pushed him back on the floor. Now it was much easier to get up.