Openings and Closings

"We've been here for a whole week!" Jack complained at me.  

"Shut up..." I said annoyed back at him, "We don't even know what's going on yet. Okay? Jeez..."  

"But I'm bored...." He said pulling my arm and lying across my lap.  

We were sitting in the Walker's living room. We had been hired to house sit and to find out what was wrong with the house. It was the Walkers vacation house and the last time they came here everything was wrong in the house. Family pictures were broken and in a circle on the living room floor. Blood stains would appear and disappear on the walls. They would hear screams coming from the woods near their house. Inhuman screams they said. The fence around there house, especially near the woods would shake like something was trying to break it down.  

But of course when Jack and I should show up; nothing happens. It usually happened like this. When two of us were there, we would be overpowering. It sucked but that meant one of us had to go.  

"Look. The thing is, is I joined to protect you. You can fight and kill it off, but you don't have any defense at all. What if it takes you over hm?" Jack said looking up at me from my lap. He refused to stop touching me. He thought that what ever it was it would attack me from behind or something.  

"So what? You want me to leave? Then you can take it on with you're charm and defense?" I said getting more annoyed, "What if it follows me hmm?"  

He frowned. "You only get sick when something is attacking you." He muttered angrily. I patted his head and got up, pushing him off of me in the act.  

"Woah! Wait! Wait! Rush! Dammit!" He yelled at me trying to grab my feet, but I was too quick for him. I stood a few feet away from his out stretch arms.  

"See? Nothing!" I said looking around me, "Hello?! You there? I'm not in his shield anymore! You wanna fight??" my voice echoed through out the house, Jack was inching towards me trying to grab hold of me again but I kept backing up. It kinda turned into tag. He'd chase me around the house while I ran scream at the entity to come forth.  

"Rush stop it!" Jack practically screamed at me. I turned to laugh at him and caught me.  

"HOLY SHIT!" I was laughing but stopped when I looked forward. A HUGE ASS Graen was in front of us. His groan shook the whole house.  

"R-R-Rebeeeekaaa!"  

"Did you hear Rebecca?" Jack said looking at it still holding me from behind.  

"I heard Reebok." I said pressing my back against his chest. The Graen was literally two feet in front of my face. Too close for comfort. Jack picked me up slightly and pulled me farther back slowly. His eyes watching the Graen for any sudden moments. Strangely for there sizes Graen were very quick, but not agile enough to do any attacks. Graen's had to touch you to do any damage to your soul.  

"Rush. Can you kill it?" Jack whispered in my ear huskily.  

"I don't think so." I said in a quieted voice back turning my head toward him but not taking me eyes off of the Graen.  

"Well why not?" 

"Look at what he's in." I said nodding my head towards the beam that went right through him.  

"So what about it?" Jack said quickly. He was getting irritated with me. He was always too quick to kill, when I assessed the situation.  

"Stupid boy. That beam is holding up the whole second floor. I can't risk it falling under the withdraw." I said pulling forward from him, "Whose Rebecca?" I asked the Graen.