Chapter One

1930

Dublin, Ireland

Orla O'Loughlin sits on the couch, staring into space. The cigarette she hold burns on, it was a nasty habit but she had always entertained nasty habits.

Behind her in a room occupies her son Sean. It was Hell bringing him into the world and she'd remind him of it. He was positioned onto his stomach engrossed in a novel until he hears a car approaching his home. In the same moment that the teenager jumps off the bed, his mother rises from the couch.

Orla quickly runs to the mirror hanging from the hearth and touches up her red lipstick with her finger, fluffs her hair and straightens her dress just as a man enters the house.

Robert O'Loughlin looked at the woman he fell in love with in the 16th century. She will forever be beautiful. From her curly raven hair that she kept trimmed at the bottom of her neck, to her five foot frame. He moved his gaze from her tiny legs that were barely covered in her night gown to those brown eyes. Brown eyes that once held light that now seemed to have a cloud behind them. Then the admiration was over.

"Hey," he said as he closed the door behind him.

"Come and sit," Orla eagerly suggests as she trots to the couch and pats the seat next to her.

"I, -- I'm not staying."

"Robby I-

"You lost all rights to call me that." Robert says menacingly as he cuts off her half-assed apology.

Orla stares at him for mere seconds before she sees red and stands up angrily. "You fucking bastard!" She begins as Robert walks away and immediately follows him down the hallway and then stops in front of the bedroom door they formerly shared. She takes a deep breath before saying, "I'm sorry."

Robert pauses from his search through the closet and looks at her in disgust. "Children? Seriously Orla?" He shakes his head then continues his search.

She widens her eyes and looks off to the window, "It's that ganky little bitch isn't it?"

Robert comes from under the bed with a suitcase and plops the suitcase on top.

"No actually," he begins as he throws some clothes into the suitcase, "She wants me to work it out with you but I'd rather not."

Orla smirks, "Wasn't talking about her."

"Let you pray to the church that, that remark wasn't about my daughter." He threatens as he zips up the suitcase.

"You're the worst kind man, falling in love with another woman then having a child with her."

Leaving out the room he says, "If leaving a relentless immoral whore for an ethereal wholesome beauty makes me the worst. I'll take it." He concludes with a wink.

"Get. OUT!" She screams then looks around his body to see Sean fully clothed and packed.

Orla visibly pales as she storms over to her son. She cursed her Goddess for condemning her to a body of such small stature as she reaches for Sean's bag and holds it close to her chest then jams four fingers into his.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Christ!" Robert exclaims as he sets down his suitcase then reaches for her hand and pulls off the ring adorning her left hand. "I figured you'd toss this!" He finished as he examines the ring.

She felt her eyes filling with tears as she looked away from her hand to her son then to the man Sean would soon become.

He was perfect beside him being almost a foot taller than her. When they first met, she almost snapped her neck looking up at him. She loved that he never grew his hair out, always kept it close. Then he'd turn those sparking moss green eyes at her and she was his. He had captivated her. She was so boring and was perfectly fine with catering to his needs for as long as he'd have her.

Until she fucked up. While it was empowering, it costs her everything. She looked back at those green eyes that once had nothing but love for her, they were now empty.

"That's mine." She whispered.

Looking up from lovely jewelry, he frowns at Orla.

"No, I gave this here to my wife and you're just the killer of her soul and the thief of her body." He thought he had hurt her as she shamefully dropped her head to the floor. Unbeknownst to a truth he just spoke into existence, Robert picks up his suitcase then grabs Sean's shoulders to turn him for the door.

"Say goodbye to your mother."

Frowning, he does as his father commanded. He adored his mother but he loved and respected his father immensely. He hugged her, "Bye Mum."

Robert rolls his eyes as he immediately has grown weary of his son's mother. "Orla. Orla." He says snapping fingers in front of her face.

"How about we hug our son, huh? Who knows when you'll see him next?" He puts hands on either side of Orla's face forcing her to look at him and she does with her eyes glazed completely over.

"I used to love an Orla. You will probably never see either of us again." He wipes her sole tear with the pad of his thumb finger then starts to walk off.

Sean watches his father walk past him out the house then starts to follow before turning to see his mother. She mouths an "I love you" to Sean as her last sentiment before a new Orla emerges deep within. Sean quickly turns away rushing out the home to his father's vehicle.

Orla grabbed a bottle off the coffee table then runs towards Robert with paranormal speed but before reaching him pushes Sean onto grass and lashes Robert in the head several times with the bottle until it is in shards on her hand and everywhere else. After she searches for a stone and gives him many blows as he tries to flee. Sean watches in horror. As she finally stops and takes in the bloody scenery; she starts to drink from Robert while mumbling incoherent words.

Sean, not being able to stand it much longer, runs away. As he runs past his father car in the road he spots something, taking advantage of his mother's manic state makes quick work of his next actions.